Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unwanted FWD opens, parked with fob away from car. Solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had our MX90D since 2016, and this situation has occurred many times including recently under current software. Typically, it where we go into a restaurant, assume auto walk away locking works. Then either because someone points it out, I see it myself from inside the restaurant, or worse. When we leave the restaurant, raining or snowing, and find 1FWD fully open. Upsetting not to mention embarrassing and potentially a security problem too, as well as bad for marketing.

That door was not even used on the trip. I keep my fob in a shirt front pocket, or a jacket pocket. Found it happens side pocket or even a front breast pocket of my jacket. Aside from a Farady cage pocket, or parking at the farthest spot, how do I keep this from happening? Ugh

BTW, I’ve not had a problem where the fob accidentally closed a door. Just open of FWD.

I just had this happen yesterday. We went into Target, kids all went out rear driver side door. We come back out and the rear passenger door (didn't get used) was wide open. I keep my FOB in my jacket pocket and no way I hit it... No clue.