Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP’s new CF spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UP claims to add 43 miles at 70 mph
I like it...I like it a lot!!

“Based on this model, we estimate that utilizing the front lip, rear wing, and lowering springs will produce 43 miles of additional range (13.33%) at a steady speed of 70 miles per hour, on top of the Model 3’s expected efficiency. When utilized on a Model 3 Long Range Rear Wheel Drive (EPA-5 system rated 325 miles of range) this added 43 miles of range at 70 miles per hour can have significant real-world impact for long-distance driving. In much higher speeds, such as in Germany on the Autobahn, the efficiency gain is estimated to exceed 19% improvement at a top speed of 163mph.”

Tesla tuner develops Model 3 mods to improve drag, efficiency, and range

I’m surprised more people haven’t commented on this. Even if it adds 15 miles it seems like it’s worth $700. Especially if it looks nice,. I’m not really decided on the looks. What does everyone else think?

I’m surprised more people haven’t commented on this. Even if it adds 15 miles it seems like it’s worth $700. Especially if it looks nice,. I’m not really decided on the looks. What does everyone else think?
They say right on the page that it could give you cancer which seems like a major downside.
Seriously though I doubt it adds 15 miles of range. If it does I'll buy one.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I just got a M3P, due to the lack of factory spoiler and it's nowhere to be seen yet.... I decided to place an order for this spoiler over the weekend, and I got an email today about the spoiler is still in production.... it'd be nice to know before i was charged the full amount and have to wait 2 months?

"Thank you for your purchase. We would like to inform you that the high efficiency wing is currently in process of manufacturing, and will be shipped once production models hit our shelves. Our rough ETA is in two months."

I also ordered the UP super sport lowering springs and I was told "We are anticipating a delivery in the next 4-6 weeks."

oh well....

• Informative
Reactions: is2scooby and RyanT
Wow, I thought that price for CF spoiler sounded pretty reasonable.
@Firewired
$700 for a Carbon Fibre Spoiler? Fabulous! Is it really CF?

@RyanT,
Definitely thought there would be more interest!
I like it a lot!

I just got a M3P, due to the lack of factory spoiler and it's nowhere to be seen yet.... I decided to place an order for this spoiler over the weekend, and I got an email today about the spoiler is still in production.... it'd be nice to know before i was charged the full amount and have to wait 2 months?

"Thank you for your purchase. We would like to inform you that the high efficiency wing is currently in process of manufacturing, and will be shipped once production models hit our shelves. Our rough ETA is in two months."

I also ordered the UP super sport lowering springs and I was told "We are anticipating a delivery in the next 4-6 weeks."
oh well....
@mike2016,
I think you DID order the UP spoiler....please confirm.

mike2016 - I'm very interested in this spoiler as well. Please let us know your experience when you receive it. Are you planning to install yourself?
@TualatinEV ,
please send photos of final installation

I am definitely attracted to the claimed efficiency benefits and the engineering approach. The price does feel a bit high and the pictures make the spoiler look a bit flat and goofy but hence the efficiency benefits. I might nut up and buy if we get some good real world feedback with pics. Also might be interested in their front air splitter too....

I am definitely attracted to the claimed efficiency benefits and the engineering approach. The price does feel a bit high and the pictures make the spoiler look a bit flat and goofy but hence the efficiency benefits. I might nut up and buy if we get some good real world feedback with pics. Also might be interested in their front air splitter too....

All of these things. That said, as an engineer that has been known to do CFD from time to time, I'd like to see some real world validation of their models

Attachments

• IMG_4924.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG
    808.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_7979 copy.JPG
    IMG_7979 copy.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 215