Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP Mild springs dispute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wennfred, your website idea is exactly how we do it and our website absolutely does have inventory status notices on items which are pre-order only, out of stock, or variable ETA. We've been optimizing for that regularly and will continue to do so as we work hard to keep up with demand for our parts and work to everything in stock.

For the spring page, because we have a dozen or so different springs it is more complex to have a concise statement as we have some but not all in stock at various times depending on inventory replenishing (which varies rapidly due to inventory allocations and accounting work which is not web integrated at this time). In the case of the springs, to manage the complexity, it says in large bold
"INVENTORY STATUS - PLEASE CONTACT US TO VERIFY AVAILABILITY OF YOUR CHOSEN SPRING VERSION"

In this way anyone ordering who wants the most accurate info can contact us if that information impacts their decision on whether to order or not. And, in any case of a back order being unacceptable (excluding a couple of more rare, made to order parts) we do offer refunds. In the case above with the OP, as it as illustrated the OP was refunded with the refund process starting before his post was made and unfortunately the credit card company took longer than expected to put the funds back on his card.

Regarding the sway bars, they are one of our most loved new releases. A lot of engineering went into them (including driving development feedback from Tesla's development driver Randy Pobst). The sway bars are in stock. It would be a shame if you did not want to order them because you are concerned about email reply speed, but to alleviate your concern I'll provide you in a DM with my personal email address so that you have access to me (as well as the rest of our small and dedicated support team). I'll personally see to it that we overkill any concern of customer support, in any and all cases.

Sincerely,
Ben

Loud clicking from the front axle when turning the wheel at slow speeds.
Sounds like a bad CV joint, get behind the tire and see if that CV boot is torn and the grease came out, after a while the bearings will wear and start to click as you turn the car slowly. If you turn right and it clicks, then it’s the left front axle CV joint, or if you turn left then It’s the right side.

Fred

• Helpful
Reactions: untilcomplete
56E8D294-5B2C-4B4B-89F6-148AC07A65DF.jpeg

Sounds like a bad CV joint, get behind the tire and see if that CV boot is torn and the grease came out, after a while the bearings will wear and start to click as you turn the car slowly. If you turn right and it clicks, then it’s the left front axle CV joint, or if you turn left then It’s the right side.

Fred

Definitely sounds plausible, except the sound went away for a while. I initially had mild springs V1 installed. With those i had a terrible "clunking" sound over dips coming from the rear axle, combined with the clicking from the front axle. I then had the V2 Mild spings installed which fixed the clunking from the rear and the clicking upfront until about a month in. Then the clicking from the front returned.

Ill see if i can see the cv joints but I have a feeling those are intact.

I just completed a DIY install of the mild springs. After installation, I had some major grinding/creaking sounds coming from the front right suspension. Got home and took an impact gun to the 18mm top hat nut. A few trigger pulls and the sound is gone. No creaking/clunking. Took about 4.5 hours with a lift but could probably get it down to 2 now that I know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.