Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Announcement About Revolutionizing Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Burlingame California service center and showroom today for my first tire rotation. I was surprised to see that they only had one demo car parked out front. I confirmed with the staff that they only had one demo. They said the others were sold. What a contrast from when I made several visits to that showroom last September and they always had four demos parked there!

In Portland, OR. I think though that loaners are for sale nation wide, not just locally. I know several months back one of the showroom folks said the floor model was sold to someone back east..

Well I was curious if it were regional as my SC almost always has one for me. My last appointment was a rush job though as the loaner was set to be sold the next week.

I got a response to my email to [email protected]. It was mostly "thank you for your comments, we use them in evaluating our service", though there was one sentence specifically acknowledging my frustration with the loaner program.

In a bit of irony, it said "I've included your local service manager, name here, to this email. He can ... provide the right expectations for any future service visit."

Ok, some real points for responding quickly, from a specific individual, and not being just a form letter. But then lose those points for punting it back to the local service manager. The whole reason I contacted corporate is because the local guys have no control over the loaner program. And "provide the right expectations"? WTF? That's been provided, there are no damn loaners and that's the problem. Way to miss the point...

I owe the local service guy a beer :), he shouldn't have had this punted back his way.

The whole reason I contacted corporate is because the local guys have no control over the loaner program.
I traded another email with the fellow from corporate explaining that I thought he missed my point. I got an answer within minutes apologizing for misunderstanding and that they are working to improve the loaner situation and are working to build more loaner cars.

Now, that's basically what they said 11 months ago, but props for being so responsive. I'm both skeptical and hopeful, even though those probably sound mutually exclusive.