Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts for a Weekend Getaway at Loews Royal PacificUniversal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Loesw Royal Pacific Resort.jpg

Join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts to experience the allure of the South Seas at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando®.

We have obtained great group rates at this luxury tropical paradise located right on the Universal grounds. The rates are just $175/night based on single/double occupancy plus 12.5% for taxes & fees. This rate normally starts at over $230/night plus fees at this time of the year.

We will be reserving rooms for the first weekend in December and this is the perfect time of the year to avoid the crowds.

We need a minimum of 10 rooms to qualify for this rate and a minimum of a two night stay for each family. You may extend your stay by adding days immediately before or after 12/2/ and 12/5. Any nights pre and post 12/2 and 12/5 would be offered to members at the special rate based on availability at the time of request.

Universal guarantees to reserve 10 rooms at this special rate until Nov. 1. We probably can obtain more rooms at this special rate if members book promptly. Members will need to book their rooms by Nov. 1 to obtain the group rate. Any rooms not reserved by Nov. 2 will drop back to the hotel for the hotel to sell to the general public. Individuals can still request rooms for the group block after November 1, however the rate and availability will not be guaranteed. After November 2, the online booking link will not be available and individuals will need to call Universal's Group Reservation line to check for rates and availability.

Cancellation Policy:individuals can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival to receive the one night deposit refunded.

Parking: Normally self parking at the hotel is $22/night, but it will be waived for our group package. Normally valet parking at the hotel is $29/night, but it will be reducted to $19/night.

The valet operations at the hotel are separate from the valet operations at CityWalk where the HPWCs are located.

Electric Vehicle Charging
Universal has two Tesla High Power Wall Connectors that are managed by valet operations located near the entrance to CityWalk® less than a mile from the hotel. The location of the CityWalk® destination chargers is programmed into your navigation system. The charging is free, but there are fees for valet service. The valet opens at 8:00 am and closes at 2:00 am. Vehicles can not be left overnight at theCityWalk® valet location.

The Turkey Lake Supercharger Station is located about 7 miles from the hotel.

Hotel guests enjoy exclusive theme park benefits:

• SKIP THE REGULAR LINES with Universal Express Unlimited ride access* in both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required)
  • Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)
  • Complimentary transportationto both theme parks and CityWalk®
  • Priority seating at select restaurants throughout the resort
  • Resort-wide credit card charging privileges with room key
  • Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
  • Complimentary scheduled transportation to nearby Wet ‘n Wild® waterpark, SeaWorld®, and Aquatica™
The hotel has several fine restaurants and lounges. My favorites are Emeril's Tchoup Chop and Jake's American Bar.

You must be a Florida Tesla Enthusiasts member or a guest of a member to attend this event.
If you are not a member, but would like to attend this event, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature to join.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: bobjustbob
Hello,

Just a heads up; I am at Universal today staying at an on-site hotel; the Portofino.

The valet at the hotels *do not* have access to the City Walk Tesla charger. If you want a charge there you will have to move your vehicle to City Walk and then pay *their* valet to park and charge your car. In other words, you must pay twice for valet; thats an additional $30 if you want to charge for more than two hours!

Of course, this is only if the chagers are avaliable when you go. The other choice is to let the hotel use their 110 trickle charger and/or plan on spending some time at the Turkey Lake charger.

I personally and unhappy with this arrangement, particularly since it is packaged to appear as if any Orlando property valet can use these chargers when in fact it excludes those most likely to need it; the hotel guests.

Hello,

Just a heads up; I am at Universal today staying at an on-site hotel; the Portofino.

The valet at the hotels *do not* have access to the City Walk Tesla charger. If you want a charge there you will have to move your vehicle to City Walk and then pay *their* valet to park and charge your car. In other words, you must pay twice for valet; thats an additional $30 if you want to charge for more than two hours!

Of course, this is only if the chagers are avaliable when you go. The other choice is to let the hotel use their 110 trickle charger and/or plan on spending some time at the Turkey Lake charger.

I personally and unhappy with this arrangement, particularly since it is packaged to appear as if any Orlando property valet can use these chargers when in fact it excludes those most likely to need it; the hotel guests.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the heads up, but I believe that what I have written regarding charging is accurate. I'll update the description to further distinguish the two valet operations.

If club members wish to charge at the HPWCs my recommendation would be to self park at the hotel for free and then drive to the HPWCs and pay for a day of parking and charging. Then after spending the day at the theme park return to the valet, pick up their cars and drive to the hotel. The valet operations at CityWalk will swap out cars to ensure multiple cars are charged.

I agree that it would be better if the HPWCs were located at the resort hotels. I have had an extended exchange with the Senior Vice President at Universal who deals with this. (He happens to own a Tesla.) Based on the current usage of the existing HPWCs he doesn't think that there is sufficient demand yet to justify expanding their deployment of HPWCs at this time.

Larry

Last edited:
Looking forward to this Weekend Getaway @ Universal!

In case anyone was looking into getting Annual Passes for Universal Orlando, they just raised prices on Annual Passes a couple days ago.

Universal Orlando raising Annual Pass prices while introducing new options and benefits

I'm still kicking myself for not buying my Annual pass on Monday (before the prices went up this week)!
Universal also introduced a new Seasonal Pass and the Power Pass no longer has blackout days during the summer.
Now I'm trying to debating on which pass to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding cheaper/discounted Universal tickets?

Looking forward to this Weekend Getaway @ Universal!

In case anyone was looking into getting Annual Passes for Universal Orlando, they just raised prices on Annual Passes a couple days ago.

Universal Orlando raising Annual Pass prices while introducing new options and benefits

I'm still kicking myself for not buying my Annual pass on Monday (before the prices went up this week)!
Universal also introduced a new Seasonal Pass and the Power Pass no longer has blackout days during the summer.
Now I'm trying to debating on which pass to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding cheaper/discounted Universal tickets?

Hi Sammy,

It was great meeting you at the Tesla Open House event at the Ritz-Carlton Naples.

Thanks for the information. I think the answer depends on how many times during the year your family intends to visit Universal.

I haven't done exhaustive research, but for those who just intend to join us for this Weekend Getaway, a Florida Resident Pass is an economical way to go.

My wife and I have booked a three nights stay, checking in on Friday and checking out on Monday. We plan to visit the parks on Saturday and Sunday, and part of Monday so we will be purchasing Florida Residents passes for two adults, for three days for both parks (park-to-park pass). I recommend getting the park-to-park pass so that you can ride the Hogwart’s™ Express that connects the two parks. It's a great ride.

Larry

Last edited: