Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Lunch Meet-up at the OK Corral Gun Club Resort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
OK Corral store.jpg

On Saturday, November 5th we are having a lunch meet-up at 11:30 am at the OK Corral Gun Club Resort at 9449 NE 48th Street, Okeechobee FL 34972. (This is a Tesla Destination Charging location and the location is programmed into your Tesla navigation system.)

The OK Corral is a Colorado Mining Town themed resort with over 350 acres in natural surroundings. This event starts as a luncheon meet-up in a beautiful and unique setting. For those interested there will be discounts on optional shooting packages available.

OK Corral riflerange (800x600).jpg

Optional Overnight Cabins

OK Corral chisholm (800x600).jpg

Charging

OK Corral Chargers liverystable2.jpg

This is a Tesla destination charging location with two HPWCs and a J1772 charger. The resort is 32 miles from the Port Saint Lucie Superchargers. The resort also has RV facilities with electric hookups so bring your mobile connector to provide additional on-site charging options if you plan to stay overnight.

An event announcement has gone out to all Florida Tesla Enthusiast members. For more details and to register for this event logon to the members-only section of our website at teslaownersflorida.org.

If you are interested in attending this event and are not yet a member of our club, please click on the link in my signature to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts to join.

Larry

Last edited:
A 9 mm Glock 19. Yeah, I need to learn a lot more.

Larry
larry, like any other endeavor being proficient with firearms is a process. you'll need to invest time practicing and getting some training is important if this is something you want to pursue.
If you do want to get more involved in this sport I recommend finding a good trainer to work with, even a short session would be beneficial, and IMHO is imperative if you ever plan on carry a weapon on any sort of regular basis.
just standing there and putting holes in paper is not enough.
If you want to learn more, just ask maybe I can refer you to people in your area who can bring you along.

larry, like any other endeavor being proficient with firearms is a process. you'll need to invest time practicing and getting some training is important if this is something you want to pursue.
If you do want to get more involved in this sport I recommend finding a good trainer to work with, even a short session would be beneficial, and IMHO is imperative if you ever plan on carry a weapon on any sort of regular basis.
just standing there and putting holes in paper is not enough.
If you want to learn more, just ask maybe I can refer you to people in your area who can bring you along.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the advice. Candidly, I'm not sure to what degree I might pursue this, if at all. Three options come to mind: home defense, personal defense and sport. As you point out, any one of these options would merit a committed investment in time. Spare time is something I don't have in abundance. ;-)

Depending on the interest of our club membership, we would be prepared to organize another event next year. Any members that are reading this posting, if you are interested please respond in this thread, or leave a private Members-Only comment on the article about this event in the Club News section of our website at teslaownersflorida.org.

Regards,

Larry