Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming handle service appointment; model s within warranty, but is there a deductible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got an upcoming appointment with Tesla’s service center. They will come to fix my driver’s side door handle, which is not presenting itself.

The car is well within the basic warranty of 4 years and 50,000 miles.

Is there a deductible? And if so, how much should I expect for this somewhat “basic” repair? I thought this was something that would be covered under the warranty?

They will send you an estimate, which you will have to agree to. Once they show up, and verify it's an issue under warranty, they will do it for free.

They don't know if you busted the handle yourself, or the handle stopped working on it's own. Completely normal way they do things.

Reactions: WB21
They will send you an estimate, which you will have to agree to. Once they show up, and verify it's an issue under warranty, they will do it for free.

They don't know if you busted the handle yourself, or the handle stopped working on it's own. Completely normal way they do things.
Ahh okay that makes sense and reflects what they hinted at over the phone when I asked about it being free.

Just read other stories of people being under warranty but Tesla not removing the charge from their account. Those could be errors but just had me curious. But thank you for your insight.