Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didnt hear anything specific about city super chargers nor destination chargers but saw these in downtown Hartford.

Four spots right on Asylum street that seemingly are free of charge to use once completed. Kind of on the corner of Asylum and Main Street, by green fair market.

Only problem is these spots use to be EV chargers and I saw them frequently iced out. But to be fair now there is a no parking except Tesla charging sign up and the area has been known to tow.

There’s already the West Hartford and Manchester supercharger but for those with business in the city (such as the recent Tesla direct sales in CT event) this is a nice addition.

Attachments

• 030D1B8E-86C1-441E-9E6C-A520F388DEC5.jpeg
    030D1B8E-86C1-441E-9E6C-A520F388DEC5.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Informative
Reactions: CTShore
Awesome, are those giant Tesla charging only signs? Never seen them that big. It looks like these used to be chargepoint stations that may have moved inside, kinda odd how thet would replace ev statiobs with tesla. Plugshare lists the location as 777 Main Apartments.

Last edited:
There are 6 supercharging stalls.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't show one of the spots being ICE'd. I either think 777 Main St Apartments or EZ Parking owns the back parking lot where the stalls sit, so once charging goes live I'll know at least where to direct my annoyance.

Interesting how state legislature has repeatedly shut down attempts at Tesla direct sales but we've got 24 superchargers within 10-15 mins drive from the capital building in 3 difference locations, while Torrington and Waterbury are still pending commencement.

Seems like Tesla is making a statement by marking supercharger territory all around / in Hartford. Superchargers upcoming for Bloomfield and Glastonbury next?

Didnt hear anything specific about city super chargers nor destination chargers but saw these in downtown Hartford.

Four spots right on Asylum street that seemingly are free of charge to use once completed. Kind of on the corner of Asylum and Main Street, by green fair market.

Only problem is these spots use to be EV chargers and I saw them frequently iced out. But to be fair now there is a no parking except Tesla charging sign up and the area has been known to tow.

There’s already the West Hartford and Manchester supercharger but for those with business in the city (such as the recent Tesla direct sales in CT event) this is a nice addition.

Great find did you just stumble on these or had you seen a link from someone else?

Great this is so amazing. Trinity parents here and this makes it real convenient to charge when visiting

If you're visiting Trinity College, probably best to pick up your kid and then park/charge while eating somewhere in downtown Hartford. The chargers are a good 40-45 minute walk from Trinity.

Great find did you just stumble on these or had you seen a link from someone else?

Yep, I work downtown so I walk past Asylum street all the time for lunch. Saw a construction crew and these signs about two weeks back. Originally figured they were installing destination chargers since nothing on Tesla's website indicated superchargers within the vicinity of Hartford.

If you're visiting Trinity College, probably best to pick up your kid and then park/charge while eating somewhere in downtown Hartford. The chargers are a good 40-45 minute walk from Trinity.

Yep, I work downtown so I walk past Asylum street all the time for lunch. Saw a construction crew and these signs about two weeks back. Originally figured they were installing destination chargers since nothing on Tesla's website indicated superchargers within the vicinity of Hartford.

We often stay at Marriot downtown so this would be a quick walk for a charge, its just nice to have an option right in town. And as others have said, maybe you, its nice to get the NAME out there , its real close to the state house, so people can see Tesla is in Manchester West Hartford and Downtown Hartford.

Good detective work, you are hired!

Reactions: The Raza

Hey Raza!
Any updates?
Tom