Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Memphis Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would start a thread regarding the upcoming Memphis Store.

We've seen comments from different customers at the Memphis Service Center and the Nashville Store both being told that a Memphis Store is coming "soon."

Who wants to get out and find the new location?

One owner was told by the Memphis Service Center that the store would be on Covington Pike.

Matt updated the FB Group recently that they are looking more like Spring/Summer now, 2021. Previously someone was told "Covington Pike" area which I believe is technically Raleigh. Matt is saying the store will be in Bartlett which could be as far out as the Wolfchase area or anywhere along Stage Road / Highway 64.

Keep your eyes peeled Memphis owners! Hopefully the location will have superchargers as well.

Seems that SC's are not providing charging facilities. They don't have any (nor do they plan according to the person I talked to) stations for the public at the new Sales/Service center in Tulsa. Last time I was at the Decatur SC in ATL, they had decommissioned the public chargers.

Sure wish Memphis would install one on the southwest side of the city.

Any update on this from the Memphis folks? I know it’s unlikely, but as someone who visits memphis often, really hoping this comes with super chargers. The current locations isn’t great for me, and it’s always busy.

Any update on this from the Memphis folks? I know it’s unlikely, but as someone who visits memphis often, really hoping this comes with super chargers. The current locations isn’t great for me, and it’s always busy.

The latest rumor, keep this in mind it's a rumor, is that now that the Knoxville store is done, they can focus on the Memphis store.

That said, I believe on one of the FB Groups, someone shared a permit application or something that seemed to make everyone think that superchargers would not be installed at the location, or not initially. However, keep in mind that in Nashville, for example, they are attempting to transition everyone to using the new location two exits down so that the units at the store can be used for deliveries and vehicles being serviced.

Reactions: craigery

Interesting timing... Someone asked on the Memphis-Tesla FB group yesterday afternoon. One person said indeed the construction has started and that he spoke to a contractor a few months ago. When I replied if anyone had looked lately he said they kindly asked to let them do their work so he has not been back. Another person chimed in that she recently saw some progress at the location.

EDIT: Here is a google street view into the drive of the property. It would be great if they could re-arrange this area pictured to accommodate supercharging. They could then still leave the rest of the area behind gates. Might be a long shot, but looks ideal to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.26.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.26.09 AM.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 193
Reactions: craigery
Heard about this last month, drove by tonight. They are currently rehab and painting the building, and it looks nice. No Tesla signs and in fact the window appears to be freshly painted with the name of a company other than Tesla, or Homer Skelton (the name of the dealer formerly at this locagtoin). Makes me concerned. No signs of construction in the parking lot (ie, no Supercharger)

IMG_2571.jpegIMG_2572.jpegIMG_2578.jpegIMG_2579.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: imola.zhp
Heard about this last month, drove by tonight. They are currently rehab and painting the building, and it looks nice. No Tesla signs and in fact the window appears to be freshly painted with the name of a company other than Tesla, or Homer Skelton (the name of the dealer formerly at this locagtoin). Makes me concerned. No signs of construction in the parking lot (ie, no Supercharger)

We just drove by, we are rarely in that area, live downtown. They had the service bay door open. Surprised to see them working on a Saturday.

New coat of paint looks fresh.

Auto First was the last tenant, a used card dealership that either moved or went out of business.

Found some information about the previous tenant. Although that sticker on the door may have looked fresh, it is from the previous tenant of 3020 N. Germantown Parkway.

Reactions: CSFTN
My SC just told me “September” …… hopeful, but looking around for some salt …..

Thanks for sharing, my understanding is that now the location in Knoxville is completed that they will focus on Memphis next.

We attempted the delivery of an early-ish Y last year and that trip home empty-handed was brutal. I was trying to wait for Austin 4680 Y’s to start pumping out but I don’t know if I can wait that long. If the Memphis location opens before they start production we may go ahead with delivery.

The service supervisor in Memphis posted to the Memphis FB group that some new dates would be announced in the next few weeks regarding service’s move from their current location to the new location.

In response to a question about delivery’s in Memphis he estimates approximately a month after service moves to the new location.

This is still pretty vague, but wanted to pass along to this group. Will update as he shares more info.

The service supervisor in Memphis posted to the Memphis FB group that some new dates would be announced in the next few weeks regarding service’s move from their current location to the new location.

In response to a question about delivery’s in Memphis he estimates approximately a month after service moves to the new location.

This is still pretty vague, but wanted to pass along to this group. Will update as he shares more info.
No rough dates? I have a M3 on order looking at a Sep to Oct, fingers crossed I don't have to drive to Nashville.

Reactions: imola.zhp
No rough dates? I have a M3 on order looking at a Sep to Oct, fingers crossed I don't have to drive to Nashville.

He said he wasn't allowed to give any dates yet, but that an announcement would be coming soon with some timelines for the transition of service to the new location. Once we have that information, we can estimate about a month out from that transition that deliveries may start happening at the new location. We've waited this long to take delivery of our Y, we may just wait a little longer for an Austin built Y...