Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I have order my new Tesla model X over 13 months ago. My delivery date is now estimated to be between October 31 and December 26, 2022. In the meantime I was forced to find a new car and do not need this new model X as I have been waiting for so long, is it possible to pass along this car to somebody so they don’t have to wait too long? The new estimated time for a new order would be between March and June 2023. My car would be ready for Christmas in theory. what do you think?

Hello all, I have order my new Tesla model X over 13 months ago. My delivery date is now estimated to be between October 31 and December 26, 2022. In the meantime I was forced to find a new car and do not need this new model X as I have been waiting for so long, is it possible to pass along this car to somebody so they don’t have to wait too long? The new estimated time for a new order would be between March and June 2023. My car would be ready for Christmas in theory. what do you think?
I'd check the pricing on a similarly equipped model, if ordered today. You might want to reconsider canceling or selling.

Hello
I ordered a model X last year. Unfortunately I cannot take delivery of this car. Delivery is estimated to be Oct 31-Dec 26. The price ordered is for $125k. To order the same now would be $152k with an estimated delivery of March- June 2023.
Anyone interested in taking over and knows how to? Before I cancel my order?

Attachments

• 29701978-7058-4E12-B79B-4D8743816689.jpeg
    29701978-7058-4E12-B79B-4D8743816689.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 133
  • EEEE22EF-843F-4FED-AD56-F8C3AB4A0852.jpeg
    EEEE22EF-843F-4FED-AD56-F8C3AB4A0852.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 82
  • AABFE157-705C-4700-AEAD-D4D87EA48E39.jpeg
    AABFE157-705C-4700-AEAD-D4D87EA48E39.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 81
A service advisor at our local Tesla store told me once, perhaps two years ago, that if someone wants to take-over a reservation all they need to do is to go with you to the purchase and add their name to the registration and title. They can pay the money but you have to be there. I haven't updated that advice to see if it still holds but today I finished my requirements to receive delivery tomorrow of our Model X. I made the reservation in my name only. And the final paperwork came to me with my name on the registration. But when they called me to confirm the details I asked if my wife could be added also? They asked if she was on the financing from our credit union and I said "Yes". "No problem" said they, and it was changed. So it could have gone either way. If you and another person arrange the payment of the purchase, you can both be on the registration and title. They you go to the DMV and remove the other name. Or so I assume. Good luck!

A service advisor at our local Tesla store told me once, perhaps two years ago, that if someone wants to take-over a reservation all they need to do is to go with you to the purchase and add their name to the registration and title. They can pay the money but you have to be there. I haven't updated that advice to see if it still holds but today I finished my requirements to receive delivery tomorrow of our Model X. I made the reservation in my name only. And the final paperwork came to me with my name on the registration. But when they called me to confirm the details I asked if my wife could be added also? They asked if she was on the financing from our credit union and I said "Yes". "No problem" said they, and it was changed. So it could have gone either way. If you and another person arrange the payment of the purchase, you can both be on the registration and title. They you go to the DMV and remove the other name. Or so I assume. Good luck!
Thank you