Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming superchargers- Eau Claire/ Madison/ Pleasant Prarie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to track progress of the upcoming WI superchargers.

- Madison / Pleasant Prarie- Can somebody stop in and check progress. Both of these are documented in press and drawings have been posted for East Towne in Madison.

- Eau Claire -I have read that this one will open before Thanksgiving. Anyone know where it is? My guess is Oakwood Mall near the 53/94 exchange. Not sure if the mall owner, GGP, has any superchargers but they do have Tesla as a tenant at Oakbrook and I am sure others.

Pictures would be appreciated if you can find anything. If you see a white truck and white trailer that is the guy that built Rockford. He said he was biding on all of the WI ones though his last one was in FL.

I would appreciate to hear if anyone has used Rockford and how crowded it is? I drive into WI for work and the superchargers are key for some of my destinations. If these are crowded and have either wait times or slow charging that may be a problem. Judging by the comments made on threads about crowds at CA superchargers it is something to think about. Right now they are the only fast alternative. If they are slow/ crowded / don't work you can't just drive to the next station like in an ICE.

Thanks

Wanted to track progress of the upcoming WI superchargers.

- Madison / Pleasant Prarie- Can somebody stop in and check progress. Both of these are documented in press and drawings have been posted for East Towne in Madison.

No news other than to confirm Madison SC. I spoke with MGE (Madison Gas and Electric) and they confirmed that the SC paperwork is being reviewed. No idea how long it will take to get approved. The Madison SC is a great location. Close to the freeway and in a very nice Mall.

Makes sense to add that Brookfield Square is likely to become a Supercharger location. I haven't seen anything to confirm this yet, it makes sense as it is a good place within Milwaukee, and it is a CBL Property. (like CherryVale in Rockford)

In my opinion, not really.

It should be on the south side of Milwaukee County. You see, if it is in Brookfield, people going to say, green bay, would need to detour to Brookfield, charge, then backtrack back through Milwaukee County. If it is in south side Milwaukee County, then people going to Madison and Green Bay are more likely to use it. More people go to both Madison, and Green Bay coming from Chicago direction, so it would get more use with one less SC. Plus, the Traffic during rush hours, to be able to back track can add significant travel time.

Obviously, I'd like to see both locations. I did put a lot of thought into this, and sent Tesla a rather LARGE lengthy email on placement. My thoughts are between College Ave and Rawson on 27th St. their is a Out-Lot at the 27th St Wal-Mart that goes unused almost completely, it's right next to the Wendy's their. PLENTY of space for 50+ supercharging spaces, and it will likely never get Iced. Lots of restaurants, shopping etc... No mall, but lots of eats and shopping none the less.

Please don't take my opinions as arguing, I hope they don't come across like that. I've just put extensive thought into it. Everyone seems to always call me in S/E Wi as well... I seem to be the Go-To guy =]