TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Update 17.17.17

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Pilot Steve, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pilot Steve

Pilot Steve Member

Does anyone have this update yet? Are all the current updates for both AP1 and AP2?

2. BAven8068

BAven8068 Member

Yes I just installed 17.17.17 on my AP2 car this morning. No changes to the "What's New" notes from the pervious ones on 17.17.4. Haven't been able to drive it yet though.

3. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

Teslafi just sent a notice that 17.18.25 is available. I wonder if there are any major differences. Time for (yet another) new firmware thread

4. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

my car was at 17.16.35 this morning and showed I had some updates...now i'm at 17.18.25.

there are no release notes whatsoever...just a 1.5-2 line sentence stating that they are improving systems.

(I'm AP1 btw)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

So nice to see multiple (apparently minor/model specific?) bug fix versions coming out so quickly after 17.17.4 which was (for my S90D) the major step forward with usable EAP and greatly improved summoning.

I like the sound of 17.17.17 - trifecta!!!

• Like x 2
  6. Pilot Steve

Pilot Steve Member

I like the sound of improving systems :D

• Like x 1
  7. BAven8068

BAven8068 Member

After driving around 100 miles with 17.17.4 and then around 50 miles today with 17.17.17 most things seem about the same to me.

One thing I did notice on 17.17.4 on local roads, was that AP was constantly running up on stoped cars sitting at lights to the point I would have to take ove. This was not a problem for me when autosreer was limited to 35mph on previous versions. Today with 17.17.17 this never happened once. It seemed to be looking a lot further down the road and would begin braking early for cars even if they were stopped at a light (at times I felt it was a little to early actually)

I also think it might actually be reading speed limit signs, at least some of the time. I noticed the speed limit updating in the instrument cluster a lot earlier than it used to. On prior firmwares it wouldn't change until well past the sign, today there were quite a few times it updated a good 15-20 yards before even getting to the sign, this was something I never saw on prior firmwares.

Again maybe the car is looking further down the road now, at least that's the feeling I got.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Today was my first day driving local on 17.17.4. I had at least three instances where the car was racing so fast towards a car stopped at a light that I hit the brake.

Guess I'll need to point my car towards Fremont tonight and start hoping for another new update..........

• Informative x 1
  9. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Not sure if it's being programmed the same as AP 1, but AP 1 updates the speed exactly as you cross the sign. Almost like even if it reads it from afar, it waits until you pass it.

10. BAven8068

BAven8068 Member

That's how I figured it should work, but there was definitely a few times where it updated well before the sign. This could have possibly just been a bad GPS location, but I never noticed this before 17.17.17.

11. Peteybabes

12. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

13. MXFan

MXFan Member

I got 17.17.4 this morning and like BAven8068, I noticed it running up on stopped cars to the point I had to brake early. Got 17.17.17 this evening from the Service Center. I will check it out tomorrow.

14. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I think 17.17.4 is like the passive mode before, but for taking pictures of the speed signs. 17.17.17 start using those pictures for speed signs. Just a wild guess. :)

15. MXFan

MXFan Member

Update on 17.17.17. Seems like it fixed the running up on stopped cars. Much smoother in slowing down behind a stopped car at a stoplight.

Also it seems to take curves a bit smoother too.

But it doesn't handle breaks and in the lane paint very well, so need to be careful when on secondary roads.

• Like x 1
  16. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

Given they just updated the release notes to allow for the capture of video for signs and such, I seriously doubt they are reading signs yet, and even if it were, they would not read the sign and then before the sign comes increase the speed to cause speeding before the sign, Tesla always adjusts a few meters past the sign to avoid this scenario.

17. Peteybabes

crap, not used to this forum. lmk how everybody can view my pix. (I had to create an album first?)

18. pjason84

pjason84 Member

Peteybabes,

You are ahead of me. I'm still at 17.16.35 this morning.:( I hope I skip all the rest and go straight to 17.18.25b.

Lawsteve may be on to something.
    Let us know if it works ;)

19. BAven8068

BAven8068 Member

Yeah you are probably right, I guess the early updates I experienced were due to bad GPS locations.

20. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Just use the "Upload an Image/File" button next to the "Post Reply" at the bottom.