Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 17.17.17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just use the "Upload an Image/File" button next to the "Post Reply" at the bottom.

thanks for that!
17.18.25a.jpg
17.18.25b.jpg

I got 17.17.17 yesterday through sc, and tried it downtown today, no problem about braking on time at trafic light behind other traffic... to me it doesnt seem that it recognizes the roadsigns yet, and there is a tendancy on going to the left limit rather than in the middle of the line....
traffic on the sides is not recognized properly yet, and sometimes ghosts can be seen where there is Nothing. Well thats what happens here in Switzerland...!

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Are you sure? it is easy to miss.I'm on 17.17.4, but I assume anything after that should have it.

Tap the Tesla "T" to get the information screen. You should see three small horizontal lines at the top center of the information box in sort of a triangle shape. Swipe downward starting at the triangle of lines, "pulling" the information box a little lower and popping up the Easter egg tray.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and travis010
Are you sure? it is easy to miss.I'm on 17.17.4, but I assume anything after that should have it.

Tap the Tesla "T" to get the information screen. You should see three small horizontal lines at the top center of the information box in sort of a triangle shape. Swipe downward starting at the triangle of lines, "pulling" the information box a little lower and popping up the Easter egg tray.

positive, as you can see from this picture, i don't have the 3 horizontal lines you mention...

Attachments

• 20170511_175120.jpg
    20170511_175120.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 81
It may not be, I just remember reading it somewhere, and it still appears to correlate with the recent firmware releases.
I think it was true with last year's numbering. Now it appears to be just the week of the year for the build. See the number of reports for each release here; it's still very weird how things are rolling out, with no real reliance on the recent releases!

upload_2017-5-16_13-7-9.png

Reactions: travis010
I think it was true with last year's numbering. Now it appears to be just the week of the year for the build. See the number of reports for each release here; it's still very weird how things are rolling out, with no real reliance on the recent releases!

View attachment 227150
Looking today it is very clear that 17.18 is not being delivered to AP2 cars and 17.17 is not going to AP1, though non-AP cars (HW0?) are getting both releases. At least for these 2 week builds it looks like one was devoted to fixes for AP1 and the other for fixes to AP2...

EV-FW-2017-05-22.PNG

Reactions: Peteybabes
It does look like they may be back to the even/odd 1.0/2.0 'scheduling', as you say, but it's weird that several versions 'ignored' it for a while. Common features for all AP versions? Who knows. The four cars that get updates of 8.1 today (samples that were logged on ev-fw, of course) were all builds 17.17.17 (2.0) and 17.18.50 (1.0) and were two cars each.

upload_2017-5-23_17-55-9.png

And, just to give one example of trends (we don't want to go crazy watching ev-fw), only five versions have gone out to 'reporting' cars over the last week, and recently, just these two above:

upload_2017-5-23_17-58-4.png

flar,

looking at your pic, I see no change in the 17.16.35 line from the previous post of that data. Is that # of updates pushed out? If so how do we know what the total # of 17.16.35 vehicles are? I'm just wondering what % of the population has received the update?
It's the number of reports of receiving the new update. Some people have allowed the web site to track their car automatically, but others log in and self-report when they get the update. My point was more that the types of cars receiving 17.17.* and the ones receiving 17.18.* are segrated between HW1 and HW2 so those releases seem to be hardware-specific.

It does look like they may be back to the even/odd 1.0/2.0 'scheduling', as you say, but it's weird that several versions 'ignored' it for a while.
"Ignored" implies that the goal is to have different versions. Perhaps the goal is to have common version numbers, but they are temporarily unable to achieve that due to some work going on to make HW2 achieve parity? Perhaps the older versions "ignored the desire to have a single firmware version"?