Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2019.12.1.1 and then now another update available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I received an update 2019.12.1.1 on 4/29. I did do a supercharging last night however I didn't navigate to supercharging station therefore auto on-route battery warm up didn't occur. That being said I live in NJ and weather was pretty good ... in upper 60s that day. Charging rate did go up max to 90kW and 300 miles/hr but more steady was around 76kW near 250 miles/hr.

I did notice there isn't any improvement in browser i.e., no Chromium browser for me based on detectmybrowser.com site:

IMG_4491.JPG

I just got a notification for another update. Based on google search this is update is a rollback. Not sure what's rolled back. I haven't attempted to install it unless I figure out what's being rolled back or what's wrong with 12.1.1. :)

How about you guys experience?

I got the 2019.12.1.1 few days ago too and just updated to 2019.12.1.2. Same Release notes, so not sure what’s fixed or rolled back if that’s the case.

Visually, all I remember is when I got 12.1.1, the release note modal/page was a blank screen until I scrolled it a bit, and it took a while to load. On 12.1.2 the release note page loaded without issues. I don’t think that warrant an update though. Maybe people have to drive it a bit to find out.

P.S: I’m on MCU1, AP2.5, so no new browser for me.

Lane departure warning is still there in 12.1.2
I guess there is an added subset to this when NOT in autopilot, per the announcement just released by Tesla.
But in my update, there is no toggle to turn on or off. I assume it's on if I keep the lane departure toggle on.

I just updated (this AM) to 2019.12.1.2. The 12.1.2 software release notes look identical to my 2019.12.1.1 update. I did not get the recently announced updates: Tesla releases new active safety features powered by Autopilot . This leads me to believe there were bug fixes only because the update was rolled out soon after I received 12.1.1.

After the 12.1.1 update, my M3 did not recognize my phone key until I opened the Tesla app on my phone. Also, yesterday, while driving on EAP, EAP shut down, did not show vehicles around me and refused to restart autopilot (all in clear, 85 degree weather). I could still drive the car. First time this has happened. I pulled over, did a soft restart and EAP worked fine for my 350 mile drive.

Reactions: hh83917
I got a 2019.12.1.2 5c87371 last night. Same report as the 2029.12.1.2 from last week but underneath the software version is a notification of navigation 2019.6- so I think this is probably the automatic lane correction software reported in the news. However the only way to test it is to try to drive off of the road this afternoon. If I don’t get back to post that is working this evening, it means that I did not get the software upgrade.

Sorry, guys. I was too chicken to veer off the freeway today.

Here is what I have for the software upgrade yesterday:
Software Version 9, 2019.12.1.2 5c87371
Navigation Data NA-2019.6-10236

these are the new options I have

IMG_5436.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-3_18-25-32.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-3_18-25-32.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 100