Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2019.12.1.2. Speed and acceleration issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got updated to 12.1.2 yesterday and this morning I felt that the acceleration was significantly dampened. Also felt the suspension to be way more stiff than usual. I thought it was me being picky, but went in the afternoon to do some 0-60 runs. I clocked 5 runs between 5.1-5.3, as opposed to previous runs at 4.4. I feel no difference in driving between the 'chill' and 'standard' mode.
Has anyone else experienced this? I have the LR Dual Motor

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Also felt the suspension to be way more stiff than usual.
I can't talk to any power differences, but I guarantee the suspension wasn't changed. It's not adjustable via software. In fact, besides a tweaking the wheel alignment or tire pressures, the only way to adjust the suspension is to remove and replace parts.

Just got updated to 12.1.2 yesterday and this morning I felt that the acceleration was significantly dampened. Also felt the suspension to be way more stiff than usual. I thought it was me being picky, but went in the afternoon to do some 0-60 runs. I clocked 5 runs between 5.1-5.3, as opposed to previous runs at 4.4. I feel no difference in driving between the 'chill' and 'standard' mode.
Has anyone else experienced this? I have the LR Dual Motor
I have exactly the same Model 3 as yours, have received 12.1.2, and do not detect the differences you describe. I have not timed my 0-6 0 on the latest firmware version, but I am skeptical of any claim that Tesla has made the car slower. I am certain that the firmware update has not changed the Model 3 suspension, since that is impossible, as @Zoomit has noted.

Maybe the steering wheel software made it feel stiffer in "sport"? That would be the only software control on a coil Model 3 Suspension.

Which BTW, I would like to happen on Model S Air Suspension.
I cam from BMW/ 85D coils and now have an Air Model S and don't like how "floaty" it feels, and allways felt "sport" could feel stiffer via software.

I welcome a software stiffer "feel" in the steering wheel in "sport".

1. 0.1s is nothing.
You could lose that by the air being more humid, or higher pressure, or tire PSI off by a bit, or an extra bag in the trunk, or the battery being slightly different state of charge.
But probably just the measuring device.
Perhaps... but the 5% increase should amount to .1 faster acceleration. Data points are data points...
Humidity generally the same in Las Vegas... temps were within 2 degrees...
SOC was higher (90-95) on my slower runs...

This was also tested over multiple days and runs with the same results.