Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2019.16 Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019.16 has been spotted by a user on Reddit. Here are the list of new features it includes:

- Driving Visualization: Will zoom out if on highway or vehicle nearby. Will Zoom in otherwise
- Sentry Mode Improvements: Can toggle it to always activate on park excluding favourite places like
home and work, etc.
- Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
- Software Update Preference: You can finally force update your car when a update is available for your region and model
- Conditional Speed Limits: Suggests a speed limit to you based off time of day and weather

To read the full notes click here: Imgur

Canadian discussion can be made here, or if you prefer to discuss with everyone click here: Firmware 2029.12.16 features

Nice. I have 12.1.2 and I’m at the software menu just checking if I got it yet. I don’t know what it’s supposed to look like, but I’m excited for the new visualizer. Much easier to see if regen turned the break lights on

On 12.1.12 you'll either have a check for update button or a downloading progress bar (if it's already downloading to your car) if your car has been queued up for updating.

Received 16.1 yesterday. Was showing that a download was available in the new software menu, nothing in the app and no notification. Connected to wifi, downloaded, then app notified that update available per the normal procedure.

Love the new avatar/visualization, super slick.

C39A3CC8-F53B-4D35-A091-E73E24A53D8B.jpeg 0CED90F2-A305-4AD7-B51B-848FE73BD01F.jpeg 16BDD72E-FD76-4E8A-B523-A4BB7173BFBF.jpeg AB3FA9CE-D46C-4438-9EB8-A09A40012358.jpeg 8FF6EC8C-1AAD-4543-AEE8-03DB7A453648.jpeg

Last edited:
Canada already has stupid laws like the restricted summon crap. I don’t know how to go about getting the government autonomy friendly.

You know, probably the best way to get the government to listen would be to get a Canadian company working on it. In that case, that would be Blackberry's Automotive division. Tag them to bend government's ear ASAP before the next election. Given what's going on in Oshawa might also help with GM supposedly redeveloping the plant into an autonomy centre that's working in partnership with UOIT/OTU.