Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2020.28.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticing some efficiency increases with this update? Loving it! Estimated Range definitely better, and Rated Range creeping up slightly too. Unexpected given the summer heat/associated drain.

Also feel like Autopilot was refined a bit. Smoother, still some corner/phantom braking. But not like some earlier bakes.

ß

Reactions: X-pilot
Anyone else noticing some efficiency increases with this update? Loving it! Estimated Range definitely better, and Rated Range creeping up slightly too. Unexpected given the summer heat/associated drain.

Also feel like Autopilot was refined a bit. Smoother, still some corner/phantom braking. But not like some earlier bakes.

ß
I think placebo effect is common when we get these new versions. With 28.5 and .6, my MY consumption seems a bit higher than before.

But again, lots of confounders.

Reactions: Transformer
I didn't take the update this morning when I saw this, as I was on my way into work. But those notes there read like capabilities/updates I took several (?5?) days ago? I took delivery on my Model Y six days ago though, and I'm awfully new (newb) to all of this, so maybe I'm confused/mistaken...

I took delivery on July 28th and installed 28.6 the next morning. Then I get it again and installed that one, is this normal for Tesla?

Reactions: psuKinger
My best guess is you actually went from a delivery build to 28.5, and very quickly at that, then to 28.6 in short order, like we did with these particular two.

Many times on the interim updates the notes are the same or very similar. And as you can see, there is no set timeframe or discernible reason on when you get them. You are at the behest of the Mothership and get the goodies when she, or her Service Minions, decide to dole them out...

At least in our whopping 4+ months of experience. Maybe some of the old timers will weigh-in with more knowledge.

ß

My best guess is you actually went from a delivery build to 28.5, and very quickly at that, then to 28.6 in short order, like we did with these particular two.

Many times on the interim updates the notes are the same or very similar. And as you can see, there is no set timeframe or discernible reason on when you get them. You are at the behest of the Mothership and get the goodies when she, or her Service Minions, decide to dole them out...

At least in our whopping 4+ months of experience. Maybe some of the old timers will weigh-in with more knowledge.

ß

The dot versions are generally minor bug fixes and rarely add any functionality.

Reactions: empiredown
OT but no, and rightfully so imo, if you care about your customers. The longest, most frustrating "unsubscribe" experience in my life came from these guys - worse than any gym I've belonged to. Never again.
You just have to know how to play their game. But routinely, the $300/year renewal can be negotiated to less than half that with a threat to cancel.
With the sale of our MS (with XM), I was able to get the all-access streaming (sans MLB that's only available with a satellite radio subscription) for $30/6 months. I'll play the renewal game with them again in January.