Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

update 2022.12.1.1 car dead after update. Anyone ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday april 29th, an update started, was at my friends house, no wi-fi connected so i wondered with it started ??? Did my soirée without a worry. Around 10h30 ish go in the car, no indication of the software update like usual. Put the password, Click the stick.....nothing. See 3 different messages in the bottom of the screan ; Incompatible drive system software detected. GTW W_028 and W_029 2- Software update required VCFRONT_a171. Tried the reset with brake and sterring knobs - nothing new, same messages. Tried changing tire setting to see how it manages....nothing. Then in disbelief i tried factory reset, It's a computer so lets try that. After 3 i realized nothing will change. Got it towed to the dealership, can't wait on what story the will produced for this one. Charge was at 15% and one problem i had before the update, one Parking sensor dead, not communicating with the car for the past month. But, trying to have a part from Tesla is a challenging path.

Yesterday april 29th, an update started, was at my friends house, no wi-fi connected so i wondered with it started ??? Did my soirée without a worry. Around 10h30 ish go in the car, no indication of the software update like usual. Put the password, Click the stick.....nothing. See 3 different messages in the bottom of the screan ; Incompatible drive system software detected. GTW W_028 and W_029 2- Software update required VCFRONT_a171. Tried the reset with brake and sterring knobs - nothing new, same messages. Tried changing tire setting to see how it manages....nothing. Then in disbelief i tried factory reset, It's a computer so lets try that. After 3 i realized nothing will change. Got it towed to the dealership, can't wait on what story the will produced for this one. Charge was at 15% and one problem i had before the update, one Parking sensor dead, not communicating with the car for the past month. But, trying to have a part from Tesla is a challenging path.
Sounds like a dead 12V. If that is all it is, probably the best outcome. Good luck.

Reactions: Nrgee1
Yeah, a dead 12v can cause that (I’ve had is before), but those error codes (mine were different on a bad 12v) make me also wonder if it was a corrupt software update or one that didn’t install correctly, so you might need a forced re-install of the latest software.

at Tesla now. Will know tomorrow. I'll put the update
Good luck.
Hope they’re better with your issue than they have been with mine.
The entire infotainment doesn’t work over wifi/hotspot and no one knows how to fix it, has no idea of when can I expect a fix.
They just keep factory resetting the car which ofcourse changes nothing.
Been going on for 6 months... with no resolution in site.

The reason ; The codes received by the update, that prevented the car from starting, where fired by a wire that was ''corroded'' . This was a ''yellow advice'' i had on my screen for the past 2 month. But the car died the night of the weird update and i think they just don't wanna admit that. Will check with consumer protection office if all of that is ligit. Can't believe it cost 500$ to solder (i hope) and tape a tiny wire like that. All electronics, Tesla knows exactly the routing of the wire, it took them 3 hours to find the culprit. What a bunch of inappropriate and unqualified garage team. So check your wires Guys and Girls

Attachments

• d8a096d5-2bd8-4a6d-afe9-2105c60bf607.jpg
    d8a096d5-2bd8-4a6d-afe9-2105c60bf607.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 191
one problem i had before the update, one Parking sensor dead, not communicating with the car for the past month.
That right there is probably the problem. I don't think the update can complete successfully with anything not working correctly. (It really should be smart enough to not even attempt the update when something is broken.)

The reason ; The codes received by the update, that prevented the car from starting, where fired by a wire that was ''corroded'' .
From the picture I see three blue wires that were cut/are broken. (Maybe it was rodent damage?) The yellow wires look like they have been spliced/repaired in two spots as well. (Or maybe that is how they normally are?)

The reason ; The codes received by the update, that prevented the car from starting, where fired by a wire that was ''corroded'' . This was a ''yellow advice'' i had on my screen for the past 2 month. But the car died the night of the weird update and i think they just don't wanna admit that. Will check with consumer protection office if all of that is ligit. Can't believe it cost 500$ to solder (i hope) and tape a tiny wire like that. All electronics, Tesla knows exactly the routing of the wire, it took them 3 hours to find the culprit. What a bunch of inappropriate and unqualified garage team. So check your wires Guys and Girls
Three hours is about right for finding bad wires. Especially with bright green trim.

That right there is probably the problem. I don't think the update can complete successfully with anything not working correctly. (It really should be smart enough to not even attempt the update when something is broken.)

From the picture I see three blue wires that were cut/are broken. (Maybe it was rodent damage?) The yellow wires look like they have been spliced/repaired in two spots as well. (Or maybe that is how they normally are?)
Yellow dunno, but i wonder how a wire in a conduit, in a no moving environnement can cut/corrode ??

Good luck.
Hope they’re better with your issue than they have been with mine.
The entire infotainment doesn’t work over wifi/hotspot and no one knows how to fix it, has no idea of when can I expect a fix.
They just keep factory resetting the car which ofcourse changes nothing.
Been going on for 6 months... with no resolution in site.
keep the faith in Elon we Trust !!! Well, not so much now !!!

Reactions: DRS247