Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2022.24.5 No music streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 MS with Premium Connectivity. I recently updated the firmware to 2022.24.5. After this update I no longer have music streaming with Slacker. It logged me out and there is no way to get back in. I can’t use the Tesla account for car as it is “greyed out” and I don’t have a login for Slacker. Tried soft reset and didn’t work. SC pushed the update again for me to download, didn’t work. They said that I may have to bring it in. Shouldn’t they be able to fix it over the air?? Anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: Vickieucb
I could be wrong as I typically use my phone connected via Bluetooth for streaming but didn't Tesla recently exchange Tidal for Slacker for music streaming? I think I read that but I could be wrong and they possibly just added Tidal and kept Slacker as well? If that's not the case and you attempted rebooting I have no other suggestions.

I just updated and my Tesla is no longer on the screen 😢

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 145
I could be wrong as I typically use my phone connected via Bluetooth for streaming but didn't Tesla recently exchange Tidal for Slacker for music streaming? I think I read that but I could be wrong and they possibly just added Tidal and kept Slacker as well? If that's not the case and you attempted rebooting I have no other suggestions.
I am wrong. They're both still there & mine both worked when I checked today.

I have a 2013 MS with Premium Connectivity. I recently updated the firmware to 2022.24.5. After this update I no longer have music streaming with Slacker. It logged me out and there is no way to get back in. I can’t use the Tesla account for car as it is “greyed out” and I don’t have a login for Slacker. Tried soft reset and didn’t work. SC pushed the update again for me to download, didn’t work. They said that I may have to bring it in. Shouldn’t they be able to fix it over the air?? Anyone else have this problem?
I have the same problem. After new ecu upgrade and on 2022.24.5, I had to do a factory reset to get connectivity to work. Now premium connectivity works but no Slacker. I get the login screen but can't login in with Tesla credentials. I'll keep working on it over the weekend. I'll try Tidal and free Spotify.

Reactions: Espi2451
I have the same problem. After new ecu upgrade and on 2022.24.5, I had to do a factory reset to get connectivity to work. Now premium connectivity works but no Slacker. I get the login screen but can't login in with Tesla credentials. I'll keep working on it over the weekend. I'll try Tidal and free Spotify.
Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on. Keep me posted. They want me to bring it in, but I feel like it’s something they can fix over air..? I don’t have Premium Spotify so not sure it it would work with regular Spotify. Thought you had to have Premium for Tesla

I am having the same issue! 2012 S with lifetime premium connectivity. with MCU1, slacker/streaming used to work perfectly (without any paid accounts).

Last week I upgraded to MCU2 Retrofit and slacker/streaming doesn't work! Tesla tech won't give me the login for vehicle account.

Following this thread closely. Hope we can figure something out.

Yeah that’s ridiculous. Another way for them to squeeze money out of people, probably. I’m hoping this gets resolved asap. They need to honor this as part of premium connectivity with the older models.

I thought that the manual said that the provided Slacker account was only good for 4 years, after which time you would have to provide your own. (But obviously they have kept them for longer than that.)

Here is what the Model S manual from 2016 for version 7.1 said:

1661635684906.png

And from the 2016 manual for version 8.0:
1661635837228.png

So it seems like it was one year and they upped it to 4 years.

My 2016 MS with new MCU two months ago works fine with Slacker.
My 2016 MX with new MCU two week ago does NOT work with Slacker or Spotify. Can only get music on Bluetooth through my phone. No voice commands.
Had to do a factory reset after the new MCU to get connectivity to work to work with the X. Slacker worked until the factory reset. I'll contact service Monday and will post the update.

I am in the list of people who just got the MCU2 update and now my free music streaming app is entirely gone. it does seem to be replaced with some other (inferior) options. Unfortunately, since it was free and there was no login ever required, I am unsure what it was even called - I don't think it was Slacker or Spotify, I think it was just generically called "streaming" and had various genres - one of my favorites was Classic Rock Deep Dive. This was on the 2022.10.x version before the recent MCU2 update. I assumed that was just part of the free premium connectivity and hadn't given it much thought. You miss it when its gone...

I'll open a Service request for it, but I wish I could remember the name of the service. Otherwise, the upgrade is very much worth it!!

Yes, it is under streaming, but it was under Slacker. Slacker were the ones who provided that service. Now with the update to MCU2 it completely logged me out, like yourself. It won’t let me use the car’s account. Very frustrating.

Just got an update from my service center.

"I'm reviewing your slacker credential issue. I have sent a remote request to reactivate your slacker account. Slacker account requests are sent in every Monday and Thursday, and accounts are activated the following Wednesday and Saturday respectively. Please try again."

Hope it works.