Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2022.36.2 battery usage [sentry and cabin overheat protection are on]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T

tony26

After I got the update 2022.36.2 my car is losing a lot more battery when sitting at work. Normally for the last 8 months it will loose about 1 to 3 percent sitting at work. I do have the over heat protection and sentry mode on. But like I said, I might loose maybe 3 % during the day. Now, some days I'm down 8 or 10 percent and I can't figure out why. It is around 60 degrees right now. I got the car in spring time, so could it just be because it's colder? 8 to 10 percent for 8 hours of sitting seems like a lot but maybe it's not.

Didn't the Cabin Overheat Protection kick-in temperature change from 105F to 100F with this build (and also allow lower options such as 90F and 95F)?

Check those settings. Also power-off (from the Safety menu), let the car sit a few minutes, and power it back on. I generally do this with every software update immediately before driving.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Didn't the Cabin Overheat Protection kick-in temperature change from 105F to 100F with this build (and also allow lower options such as 90F and 95F)?

Check those settings. Also power-off (from the Safety menu), let the car sit a few minutes, and power it back on. I generally do this with every software update immediately before driving.
Thank you, I will try that. Yes, I did confirm you are correct, we now have three options, 100F, 95F and 90F. I have it set to 100F but that is 5 degrees less, used to be 105F. Maybe that's the issue.

I will also try power off option and see if that helps.

Do you happen to know if the Cabin Overheat Protection needs to be on or not? I've had a few people I know that say it needs to be on for the battery and the screen. But I noticed after 24 hours of none use it won't even come on anymore. So I'm not sure if my friends know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0
Do you happen to know if the Cabin Overheat Protection needs to be on or not?

If you mean "does it need to be on to protect the electronics" that is emphatically "no". Tesla itself (elon) said that the feature was specifically for "People and pets", and there was no mention in the slightest at protecting electronics (none).

See this post I made in a thread on "hot cabin" for a screenshot of the exact quote from tesla:

Upvote 0
FYI, 2022.36.2 has a bug whereby it fails to ignore Sentry Mode at those locations (Home, Work, etc.) where it can be directed to do so. That doesn't directly affect you (OP), since you note that you keep Sentry Mode on at work. But since the bug involves the behavior of Sentry Mode, it would not shock me if there are other aspects of SM that are also wonky (such as increased energy consumption).

To be clear, I have no information that that's the case.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Hi all, I’m fairly new to Tesla and the whole Cabin Overheat Protection. I received a notification for MYP on my phone and immediately got concerned. Based on this thread it appears this notification does not indicate a problem but is meant to notify in case people (children) or pets are in the vehicle. Does the AC kick on and attempt to cool the vehicle? I thought I saw the temperature dropping from the mobile app.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I’m fairly new to Tesla and the whole Cabin Overheat Protection. I received a notification for MYP on my phone and immediately got concerned. Based on this thread it appears this notification does not indicate a problem but is meant to notify in case people (children) or pets are in the vehicle. Does the AC kick on and attempt to cool the vehicle? I thought I saw the temperature dropping from the mobile app.
I found the answer. Pretty cool feature.

Upvote 0