Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Update 6.1(2.2.114) bad dream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]My first experience doing an update was to 6.1 ending up being a Bad Dream....(not bad enough to be a nightmare) Last Friday, after taking my car to the SC to get my center console installed when I picked her up, I had the update clock! yea... I did the update that night, Saturday I woke up and check the car, it said download was not successful, and will update later.... I figured no big deal and didn't think anything about it till Monday morning when I was going to leave for work... when I got in to leave it had 4 error messages when I pressed the brake, car wont charge, call service center, restart to drive, and pull over and stop... OMG... called roadside assistance, they resent the update... after the update, I put the car into drive and it wouldn't move!!! SC sent out a ranger to drop off a loaner and trailered mine back to the shop... and of course when the car was at the shop it was fine.... they pulled the logs, car though it was in neutral and not drive thus it didn't move.... firmware was .114 ( possible all from the failed update) today I got the clock again, I assume its .115 I hope it works tomorrow when I head off to work.....

BTW, Thru all off this Jimmy and the team at Tesla Honolulu was AWESOME... (there was more to the story but left out the boring stuff LOL)[/FONT]

Sorry, you had those problems. This is one of the more wild experiences that we have heard of. My point being, its not what any of us usually go through.
I have a couple of questions. Do you garage your car? Do you have wifi in your garage? If you don't you should consider making that a goal. The OTA deliver usually over wifi. Not always, but usually.

When an update coincides with a SC visit, they usually download it to the car, but they don't always install it. The clock usually indicates the update is already downloaded to the car and ready to install. Often, the the SC downloads it from a laptop and you install it when you get home or some where, or its OTA schedule. Sometimes the download to the laptop to the car is not perfect.

Sounds like the version you got, .114 was an in-between version. Don't know why but the 6.1 was rolling out first as 2.2.113, and 4.2.113, then a day ro so later was replaced with 2.2.115 and 4.2.115. Your download of .114 could have been a bad one and was immediately replaced with .115.

What is the complete version number of your now?
I hope this helps.

Akikiki Yes, I do have my wifi set up in my garage, as far as the update, yes, Jimmy said they loaded the latest update when I picked her up, and yes, I realized my update problem was a 1 in a billion chance of happening, but as my luck is iam not surprised it happened to me :).

I now have 6.1(2.2.115)

thru all of this road side assistance, and our local SC was awesome, I have no regrets in purchasing my S, and have more respect for it now.. Well now I regret not ordering a P85 or a P85D, as my loaners I have had were both P85's .... Now my 60 is a slug lol...