Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update at 100% downloaded, but then nothing

Type1

Oct 27, 2019
Madison, WI
Apologies if this has already been covered but a few Google searches didn't produce much in ways of this specific issue.

I was connected to wifi through my phone and the download was completed (my car made a ding noise) and the progress bar is all the way at the end, however it still says Update Downloading. I left it there for 30 minutes just in case it was still finishing up, but it is still stuck there.

I tried a soft reboot, but still the same situation.

Is this normal? Apologies again, new owner (as of yesterday) if this has an obvious answer!

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
do the reboot with the brake pedal. if that doesn't work, try turning wifi off/on and forgetting your AP. if that doesn't work, try the "tap advanced update" five times trick to see if you can "re-force" the update...

... if that doesn't work, go find Tesla Chat and have them re-push.

Reactions: Type1

Type1

Oct 27, 2019
Madison, WI
Got an update from Tesla Chat-- seems like it got stuck. They resent a signal and then after around 40 minutes of a slow download it worked! Now updating.

Reactions: TechVP

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC