Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Update failed" error after screen mod?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Two days ago I installed a Rear screen mod on my Model Y with the AMD processor. The screen is connected directly to the Autopilot computer and gets power and data from that port.

The screen is this one: Rear Entertainment & Climate Control Screen For Tesla Model 3/Y 2017-2022

Install went well all works fine no errors from the car.

Today I got a new update (2022.36.6). It downloaded like all the other updates I've got lately.
But this time I got an error after 30% stating that the update failed.

So I called the support that said that something happened with the Autopilot computer for some reason but they could not see any error.

Could the extra screen have done something to that computer that is now causing the update issue? I mean the car drives great and AP works as it should.

I have read many other posts about the same error, but in my case I am panicking since my recent install of the screen!

Tesla said to turn off sentry and not checking it on the app so that it does a deep powercycle.

Is this a known issue with these screens? I can't imagine this being a problem since everyone would talk about it, right? I have seen so many people using small screens on the dash that connects to the AP computer (intel though I believe).