TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Update Failed Notification

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gizmoboy, Sep 26, 2016.

1. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Last night, I received 2 notifications from the Tesla iOS App that my update on my car failed. In the car itself, there's no evidence of an attempt to update at all.

I've done a fair number of updates before and haven't seen this error before. Is this something I need to contact a service center about?

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

I would do a screenshot w/ date and time and email it to service.

• Helpful x 1
  3. JPP

JPP Active Member

I saw the same message on my wife's s70D during the latest 8.x update, when we were having some WiFi issues at home. This pertains to the firmware download. If the entire package does not make it, you don't get the yellow clock on the touchscreen and you don't get the 'update available' notification on your smartphone. Be sure your car is parked and stationary in a good signal area for a while. The TM tech support folks can look at the logs and see that the download failed. Usually the update is queued for another attempt--in my wife's case it arrived about 6 hours later. YMMV.

4. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

I turned off WIFI for now because the wifi is spotty to the garage in the new house...