Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Failed Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, I received 2 notifications from the Tesla iOS App that my update on my car failed. In the car itself, there's no evidence of an attempt to update at all.

I've done a fair number of updates before and haven't seen this error before. Is this something I need to contact a service center about?

Last night, I received 2 notifications from the Tesla iOS App that my update on my car failed. In the car itself, there's no evidence of an attempt to update at all.

I've done a fair number of updates before and haven't seen this error before. Is this something I need to contact a service center about?
I would do a screenshot w/ date and time and email it to service.

• Helpful
Reactions: nikj
I saw the same message on my wife's s70D during the latest 8.x update, when we were having some WiFi issues at home. This pertains to the firmware download. If the entire package does not make it, you don't get the yellow clock on the touchscreen and you don't get the 'update available' notification on your smartphone. Be sure your car is parked and stationary in a good signal area for a while. The TM tech support folks can look at the logs and see that the download failed. Usually the update is queued for another attempt--in my wife's case it arrived about 6 hours later. YMMV.

I saw the same message on my wife's s70D during the latest 8.x update, when we were having some WiFi issues at home. This pertains to the firmware download. If the entire package does not make it, you don't get the yellow clock on the touchscreen and you don't get the 'update available' notification on your smartphone. Be sure your car is parked and stationary in a good signal area for a while. The TM tech support folks can look at the logs and see that the download failed. Usually the update is queued for another attempt--in my wife's case it arrived about 6 hours later. YMMV.

I turned off WIFI for now because the wifi is spotty to the garage in the new house...