Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update failed

robl45

Dec 23, 2019
Lastest update failed twice. anyone else have this happen, I've had no issues with any other updates. On top of that, after it failed the first time, the touch screen would not play any music from radio or spotify etc. I had to reboot the touch screen and even then it didn't reboot normally.

jasondeno

Sep 3, 2020
Chicago
No problems for me. 2020.40.4 seemed to take around the stated 25 minutes to install the morning (in the garage, on wifi and initiated from my phone)

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Lastest update failed twice. anyone else have this happen, I've had no issues with any other updates.
You should contact your SC with your Tesla App.

They might be able to diagnostic the issue and push a new update.

I had a similar issue on my M3 after getting the HW3 installed as they had to go down two releases back.

I had to reboot the touch screen and even then it didn't reboot normally.
You can try to perform a deep reboot by selecting a different type of wheels, I read that could solve some problems.

Last edited:

robl45

Dec 23, 2019
You should contact your SC with your Tesla App.

They might be able to diagnostic the issue and push a new update.

I had a similar issue on my M3 after getting the HW3 installed as they had to go down two releases back.

You can try to perform a deep reboot by selecting a different type of wheels, I read that could solve some problems.
I did the wheel thing. It then did an update to the previous update. Still don't have current.

Ol'Blue

Oct 12, 2018
Vancouver
Was car unplugged? I had multiple fails on an update when I was below 50% and unplugged.

I’m not sure what the cars parameters needed for an update are, but my guess was to plug in and charge up, and it worked.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC