Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an update today. After applying the update, I received notice that the update failed. I have had my other X for over a year and never encountered this. Anyone else?

Also, even though the update did not come through, the Ludicrous + feature is available. I love the opt out button.

Attachments

• 2017-01-11 15.34.43.jpg
    2017-01-11 15.34.43.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Funny
Reactions: BigMskiman
I had an update failed message last year on my Model S. After waiting about 2 weeks for it to try again I sent an email to Tech support and they triggered it again. This time successful installation. I think the failure was due to weak internet connection at the time.

Never had this happen either, in 8 months.

I guess you can't you tell us the new version it was, can you? But what was yer prior version?

Does your setting dialog box for Ludicrous have an added item now for + ?

|v8.0(2.52.36)| AP2-HW | PUP |

V 2.52.36 P100D AP2

The Ludicrous button is the same. You hold it in for 5 seconds and the time warp screen appears and the opt-in choice appears.

Once the battery warmed up, the battery and motor data is available on the small screen.

UPDATE: The car told me to call tech support about the update who then pushed a new update to the car which is pending.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BigMskiman
I had an update failed message last year on my Model S. After waiting about 2 weeks for it to try again I sent an email to Tech support and they triggered it again. This time successful installation. I think the failure was due to weak internet connection at the time.

By the time you are notified that there is an update available it has been completely downloaded to your car. You don't need a wifi connection or a connection of any kind to install it.

The most common reason updates seem to fail is they get interrupted somehow. This could be someone opening a door or even walking near the car with a fob. Best to let the car do its thing in private. :)