Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3 Std on 11 Nov 2021 and was finally assigned a VIN yesterday (18 Jan 2022). The Tesla agent called and said that this shipment is due late Feb or very early March. He did confirm that my order will have the Ryzen/Li-ion battery. According to him all Q1 orders for NZ will ship with the better CPU/battery.

I ordered a M3 Std on 11 Nov 2021 and was finally assigned a VIN yesterday (18 Jan 2022). The Tesla agent called and said that this shipment is due late Feb or very early March. He did confirm that my order will have the Ryzen/Li-ion battery. According to him all Q1 orders for NZ will ship with the better CPU/battery.
Just before the rebate ends, im stressed we not gonna get ours because we only ordered 27 Dec 21

I located my VIN using the Chrome VIN Finder plugin (it pulled the VIN off my account page) and also received a follow up email from my SA today which said

"You have currently been assigned a vehicle that is making its way to New Zealand, expected ETA to our Auckland Delivery Center is early February.

You will receive a notification once the invoice is available on your Tesla account. Please do not make payment until notified to do so.

Delivery Estimates
Please refer to the following delivery estimates, which will apply from the date your vehicle is booked for delivery. These are subject to change and will be confirmed in an email titled 'Model 3 Ready to Depart'.

Northland & Waikato – up to 5 business days
Hawkes Bay Region – up to 8 business days
Manawatu Region – up to 12 business days
Wellington Region – up to 15 business days

If you would prefer to collect the vehicle sooner than the estimated delivery timeframe, please inform us by replying to this email to see if this can be arranged."

I located my VIN using the Chrome VIN Finder plugin (it pulled the VIN off my account page) and also received a follow up email from my SA today which said

"You have currently been assigned a vehicle that is making its way to New Zealand, expected ETA to our Auckland Delivery Center is early February.

You will receive a notification once the invoice is available on your Tesla account. Please do not make payment until notified to do so.

Delivery Estimates
Please refer to the following delivery estimates, which will apply from the date your vehicle is booked for delivery. These are subject to change and will be confirmed in an email titled 'Model 3 Ready to Depart'.

Northland & Waikato – up to 5 business days
Hawkes Bay Region – up to 8 business days
Manawatu Region – up to 12 business days
Wellington Region – up to 15 business days

If you would prefer to collect the vehicle sooner than the estimated delivery timeframe, please inform us by replying to this email to see if this can be arranged."
when did you place your order? I see tesla nz has changed shipping from 8 - 12 weeks now to 14 - 20 weeks for a new order