Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New model Y order page says estimated between August to November...
New Model 3 order page says estimated between 3-9 months.

I hope Model S/X or Cybertruck launched soon, with even faster delivery as new launch.... I got each of them booked so I can choose - lol.

Could be some very annoyed Model 3 buyers if their Jan/Feb/March ordered Model 3s arrive after Model Ys ordered this week.
well... Tesla might be happy if they cancel the order and buy model Y... that way they have record numbers for Model Y for next shareholders meeting... lol

Customers, they don't care about them... they are just online shopping nerds for them.

Could be some very annoyed Model 3 buyers if their Jan/Feb/March ordered Model 3s arrive after Model Ys ordered this week.
That was what got me annoyed to begin with.. I ordered my model 3 in feb and was told that deliver was probably going to be in October but if I ordered the Y in June thn I would get it in aug-oct… how does that work?? But if you haven’t taken delivery of your model 3 and can afford the 6k price difference and are not too fussed abt the 50km less range thn the model y is a better deal

But if you haven’t taken delivery of your model 3 and can afford the 6k price difference and are not too fussed abt the 50km less range thn the model y is a better deal
50k less range, slower and more expensive. And I think its uglier than the 3 too. Its got nothing I want or need. Slightly higher running costs too, 19 or 21" tyres, on a heavier car. The only positive for me is that it would have less issues with all the mini-roundabouts and traffic humps Auckland council keeps installing.

50k less range, slower and more expensive. And I think its uglier than the 3 too. Its got nothing I want or need. Slightly higher running costs too, 19 or 21" tyres, on a heavier car. The only positive for me is that it would have less issues with all the mini-roundabouts and traffic humps Auckland council keeps installing.
Each to their own… personally I liked it more than the 3 cause of the size and the boot space… with Auckland traffic not really fussed if it takes 5 secs or 6 secs to get to 100.. lol

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
That was what got me annoyed to begin with.. I ordered my model 3 in feb and was told that deliver was probably going to be in October but if I ordered the Y in June thn I would get it in aug-oct… how does that work?? But if you haven’t taken delivery of your model 3 and can afford the 6k price difference and are not too fussed abt the 50km less range thn the model y is a better deal
The price difference is only $3k at the moment but sure to widen

Reactions: sumed