Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update from Tesla service on screen yellowing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is infuriating.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 3.44.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 3.44.13 PM.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 991
Here comes a huge black border to cover it up...

If the "healing process" actually works, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, we should all scream about it on social media to Elon and other media outlets... It's one thing to know that you are going to have some issues with a Tesla that will need to be taken care of, it's another to learn that they are no longer going to do the right thing and fix everything.

Next up, acceleration shudder... Hell, they already won't fix door alignment issues...

• Love
Reactions: neroden
just another "i don't give two sh*ts about you being a customer" policy by tesla.

i own TSLA and two of their cars, but honestly i still hope this company burns to the f*cking ground as an example of how not to treat people.
Looks to me like they are "asking" for more time to figure out how to fix the problem. It is good information that it doesn't affect the usability of the screen. If you don't want to wait then you can have the screen replaced at your own cost. They don't need to insult our intelligence by saying it's not a defect. Obviously it is or they wouldn't be working on a fix. We don't know who wrote the letter or what their position is at the company, but they might not be the sharpest tool. I don't think it's that big of a deal at this point. Give them six months or so and if they haven't figured out a reasonable solution, then burn them to the ground.

Hi Sandiegodoug and Joeetnr1,

What is the revision level of the display that was replaced in your car?????????????????????????????????
It will be on your invoice.

Very many had their screens replaced only to yellow again. For several years now...

The current "claim" from Tesla is that the Revision "D" screens are the newest (properly made? non yellowing?)
and available for a fee...

If you had anything other than the Revision "D" part installed it is virtually guaranteed to yellow.

I would love for their new repair process to work - BUT if each car has to be REPEATEDLY processed, it will be
unacceptable.

Shawn

• Informative
Sounds like they have too many bad screen and replacing them all under warranty would be too expensive. Not cool. Same with the bubbles on the old screens. It's happening to so many older cars. Tesla made the choice to replace (almost) all physical buttons with a large screen. They should have made sure that part had the most vigorous quality control. It's the spotlight of the car, it's where everything is controlled from.

• Love
just another "i don't give two sh*ts about you being a customer" policy by tesla.

i own TSLA and two of their cars, but honestly i still hope this company burns to the f*cking ground as an example of how not to treat people.

Screens are a problem and Tesla has to figure something out.

With that said, how much TSLA are you owning that you want them to burn to the ground? And if you are going to hold on those shares as the company is burning?

One or two shades cost more than a screen.

Burnt to ground companies probably don’t do battery warranties, maintain supercharger networks or release new software updates.

Last edited:
The current "claim" from Tesla is that the Revision "D" screens are the newest (properly made? non yellowing?)
and available for a fee...

If you had anything other than the Revision "D" part installed it is virtually guaranteed to yellow.

So the only real questions in my mind are how long it will take for the revision D parts to start to turn yellow and whether it will happen before or after the end of their warranty period....