Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update History

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi provides this and keeps track, but only from the date when you begin using it. I had my first software update on the day I took delivery in August but only signed up to TeslaFi the next morning and all but that first software update show in my account.

Ah, I don’t use TeslaFi. I did take a look a while back, but couldn’t work out what functionality it gave me beyond the apps I was already using.

I guess I’ve discovered one reason, but why do you all like TeslaFi? I often see it mentioned, but not sure why people find it useful.

Reactions: JupiterMan
Ah, I don’t use TeslaFi. I did take a look a while back, but couldn’t work out what functionality it gave me beyond the apps I was already using.

I guess I’ve discovered one reason, but why do you all like TeslaFi? I often see it mentioned, but not sure why people find it useful.
It always comes down to personal preference, but I am new to EV ownership and am a data geek. I'd rather have more information than less. For $50 per year it is worth it to me. Off the top of my head the main benefits to me in no particular order are: it monitors open windows and unlocked status and will notify me after a user-set duration, I get notified of new software releases in the wild and the number of cars that have updated (as well as pending) and the geographic location, it keeps track of every drive taken and the energy usage/efficiency on a per drive basis, it keeps track of each charge with charge data (including the cost), it tracks battery capacity over time, and you can see aggregated data for the universe of Tesla owners who are TeslaFi subscribers. You can also use it to set up schedules and routines for many things, like charging and climate settings, far beyond the granularity presently offered in car via the menus.

I value my security and my main hesitation was giving TeslaFi access to the Tesla car account. However having done some online reading I got comfortable that it posed a minimal risk at most. My only (small) regret is I wasn't signed up the morning I collected the car so lost that day of data.

The more I use TeslaFi, the more useful things I find to do with it.

Its not perfect, but there have been several unknowns that I would not been able to solve without that makes the modest price* worthwhile (I paid £38 for first year). However, its not for everyone if you share the car and are concerned about privacy - it logs every drive. - mind you, the Tesla app is not much better but doesn't keep the logs.

* if you can get a referral from it, you get a free months credit but you need some fast fingers to beat some on here.

Is there anyway to retrieve a log of when the various updates were applied to your car?
Is this any good for you? Courtesy of TeslaFi (still awaiting latest update though)
updates.JPG