Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update interval

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to TeslaFI, the current gap since an update ties the longest my Raven has been at a single version sinceI bought it in June, at 18 days so far. Tomorrow it'll be the longest this car has ever been on a single version.

My previous X was on a single version for more than three months a couple years ago, though, and there hasn't been anything newer seen on any TeslaFI car. I think maybe Tesla is still accumulating results from the new Neural Networks and figuring out what to do next? Or they needed to give their engineers a break after the rush up to the end of the year?

But yes, I'm quite ready for more new free toys. :) Maybe they'll stop the car resetting the TACC speed in the right lane of the freeway so much, and reduce the phantom braking events.

I just finally got 50.7 this past week. So you guys are lucky. I spent 41 days on 36.2.4.
At any rate it’ll probably be a few week till we get another version is my guess. Seems like there are lots of bugs to squash. My voice commands could use some work.

• Funny
Reactions: SlimJim
This firmware2019.40.x, regardless from when any individual received it, is from the first week of October 2019, week 40.

Yeah Tesla updated visualization, but not the neural net.

for much of 2018 and 2019, every 4 to 6 weeks there was a new update. Now it’s been 14 weeks since a new neural net. There must be a large update being worked on. Perhaps Tesla is rewriting core modules to incorporate the tech they bought in October, DeepScale.
Tesla Acquires DeepScale, a Startup Improving Deep Neural Nets for Self-Driving Cars - FutureCar.com - via @FutureCar_Media

The next “week” update could be significant. 2020.X

Yeah, definitely not complaining. I usually see 5-6 revisions before there is one that gets pushed to the masses but this one is just sitting. I would have thought there would be beta versions pushed to a test group. Maybe something in this build restricts teslafi?

I went from 2018.50.6 to 2019.5.15 last year for some historical information.
I didn’t get 2019.5.15 Until early March. So we might be in for a fair wait.
As Julie mentioned lots of folks take time off during the holiday season. They get out that Christmas update, fix some bugs and go home.