Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update just failed - center screen completely dead

wiredmeyer

Mar 8, 2016
Menlo Park, CA
I got notification that there was an update available, it failed, message on dash said a new version will need to be waited for. Center screen is now totally dead, car drives, but no screen or steering wheel controls work. Any ideas?

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
I got notification that there was an update available, it failed, message on dash said a new version will need to be waited for. Center screen is now totally dead, car drives, but no screen or steering wheel controls work. Any ideas?
You probably need to power it off and on but hard to do with no main screen. I’d try calling roadside and see if they can access the car remotely.

allenkoehler

Oct 17, 2017
Drums, PA
Just attempted to install the update and it stalled at 60%. Tried to hard reset a couple of times with no success. After 30 minutes on the phone with service, they're going to send out roadside on Monday. In the meantime, we can drive the car with no middle screen. Lovely....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC