TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UPDATE- Model S 85 battery pack replacement

Discussion in 'Model S' started by passhard, Oct 30, 2019.

1. passhard

passhard Member

so ya, they finally give me a timeline for this replacement battery pack.
    approx 3 weeks......so let's round it up to 6, right?

they also tell me they don't pay for gas anymore in rentals & since the 2 loaners are out---- it's my bad luck!

i can now have a loaner if i go pick it up 2 hours away-- sure, why not?

I'm super exhausted from dealing with these guys.
    When you're gonna keep a customer's car for a month or longer, is it fair to put a customer in a beat up rental car and have the customer pay for gas?

***a tip to all- these Tesla guys are feeding you some Elon BS

if the answers you receive stink just keep pushing

the lies and false info I was told this dealing with Tesla was almost comical.

nobody wants to do the work or follow ups, so they just try to blow the customer off.

for every 1 great Tesla employee.....u will encounter 20 who are just there to collect their $17/hour

2. Chaserr

Chaserr Hyperactive Hyperdrive

I know how you feel. Nearly all of Tesla's problems today can be traced back to Tesla choosing not to replace its previously excellent customer relations personnel. Poor communications was a decision they made. A bad one.

The good news is Tesla isn't the only game in town any more,, so you can pick a car from another company without going back to slow ICE.

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Wow. That's sub-optimal. Sorry to year that.

The battery pack in our P85 died about six months ago. We had a loaner as soon as we showed up at the service center and 72 hours later we had our car back with a "new" battery pack that shows a factory new rated range.

• Like x 1
  4. passhard

passhard Member

really gonna have no choice soon.

i can't even imagine how things will get worse every month they deliver more and more cars without having anybody in charge at the service centers.

i can see a massive class action coming Tesla's way on the near future!

Hello

We will replace the pack, with a working one from the factory, legally we cannot comment on more details then that.

I will continue the current warranty, NOT restart a new one.

Thank you, we will our best to get it done ASAP please keep in mind shipping delays

Thank you , we will update you as soon as we have more info