Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost got my cameras upgraded the week before Christmas but as usual, the "wrong parts story!" - one of the cameras sent was the old version, mobile tech will return to fix it. I am not holding too much hope for getting the beta, I have been staying at 99 for a long time, but since Tesla insurance gave me a very low premium for keeping up the high score, that's the consolation prize.

I almost got my cameras upgraded the week before Christmas but as usual, the "wrong parts story!" - one of the cameras sent was the old version, mobile tech will return to fix it. I am not holding too much hope for getting the beta, I have been staying at 99 for a long time, but since Tesla insurance gave me a very low premium for keeping up the high score, that's the consolation prize.
Hmm, the mobile tech came back but the camera version is correct, but it is for the opposite side of the car !! Now, I cannot even schedule the trunk/frunk recall through the app because of pending ticket, just sent them a message and see what they are going to do about it.

So the wait is finally over, thank you Tesla. I received 2021.44.25.6/FSD BETA 10.8 this afternoon. I have a 12/2016 MX 90D with 1½ year old AP3/MCU2 upgrades and the camera upgrade from 11/18/2021. Safety Score is 98. Over on another TMC thread there are a lot of reports of the same experience on MS and MX camera upgrade cars. I received the 2021.44.25.2 update yesterday which others are also reporting and appears to be the path to receiving the beta.
My first drive in moderate traffic was less scary than I expected with a couple of interventions, mostly making turns. I even took my wife with me on a second test trip and she was not completely turned off, haha. It still needs much more improvement and drives like a 15 year with a learners permit.

Just picked up my 16 90D X after camera upgrade (standard backordered/missing shipment/incorrect labeling from factory and warehouse delays did apply, but only at the cost of 20 days from invitation to schedule in app to complete install). Am currently on 2021.44.6, haven’t seen any holiday software on my car, but the loaner 3 had it, and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting, though that’s personal opinion after very limited use.

Hoping for beta soon!

Is there a hack developing to getting a FSD camera upgrade appointment? I've been in beta since the beginning with 100 safety score, no message in my app about an upgrade as of yet :( I don't see the option in the Service section of the app yet, not sure if it helps to just schedule it under other so they can sort it out or wait for the message in the app as I have heard others do.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and Vector2
Is there a hack developing to getting a FSD camera upgrade appointment? I've been in beta since the beginning with 100 safety score, no message in my app about an upgrade as of yet :( I don't see the option in the Service section of the app yet, not sure if it helps to just schedule it under other so they can sort it out or wait for the message in the app as I have heard others do.
It seems like people who try to schedule without getting invited are just getting their appointments canceled, so it seems like you just need to wait until invited. Pestering the service centers doesn't seem to help.

Small update for everyone:

My invoice from my camera upgrade has my inline triple cam as 1089531-00-C
I've seen a bunch of people that say it should be 1120520-00-B

I literally messaged in the Tesla app twice to two different people and talked to FOUR different Tesla people at my TWO closest service centers and spoke to the head technician at my local service center and every single one told me the same thing. Part numbers could be different, could be a different revision of the part but all said my car has the proper cameras and should be able to get beta. They all told me not to compare and look online.

I tried so hard I told the last tech on the phone, "look my invoice says 1089531-C and when I look it up online thats the same part number as it was in 2016. The current Tesla parts catalog shows 1120520-B. Shouldn't the current -B be installed if the 1089531-C is the original triple camera and that needs to be replaced to get the FSD Beta?"

He basically said I trust our head technician who says your car is good to go and if we need to revisit and swap a necessary part we will be in contact with you.

So now I honestly don't know what to do. Both Denver and Colorado Springs Tesla say my car is completely up to date, good to go, ready to receive FSD Beta but all my research tells me otherwise and at this point I've just pissed off like 4 different Tesla people at my 2 service centers lol

Should I just wait for the next wave of FSD rollouts with the next update and see if I get it?

Small update for everyone:

My invoice from my camera upgrade has my inline triple cam as 1089531-00-C
I've seen a bunch of people that say it should be 1120520-00-B

I literally messaged in the Tesla app twice to two different people and talked to FOUR different Tesla people at my TWO closest service centers and spoke to the head technician at my local service center and every single one told me the same thing. Part numbers could be different, could be a different revision of the part but all said my car has the proper cameras and should be able to get beta. They all told me not to compare and look online.

I tried so hard I told the last tech on the phone, "look my invoice says 1089531-C and when I look it up online thats the same part number as it was in 2016. The current Tesla parts catalog shows 1120520-B. Shouldn't the current -B be installed if the 1089531-C is the original triple camera and that needs to be replaced to get the FSD Beta?"

He basically said I trust our head technician who says your car is good to go and if we need to revisit and swap a necessary part we will be in contact with you.

So now I honestly don't know what to do. Both Denver and Colorado Springs Tesla say my car is completely up to date, good to go, ready to receive FSD Beta but all my research tells me otherwise and at this point I've just pissed off like 4 different Tesla people at my 2 service centers lol

Should I just wait for the next wave of FSD rollouts with the next update and see if I get it?
Yikes! I guess you won't know for sure until the next roll out to cars like ours. Keep your safety score up in the meantime to see what happens.