Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same on my invoice - they installed 1089531-00-C for the triple front camera. When looking at the video output - there is an obvious difference in the color output. The front camera is much less vivid as compared to ALL the other cameras now. My camera install was 12/22/21... and just got another update today to a non BETA version. Sitting between 98 and 100 score - for months on a 2017 P100D MODEL X. I am opening a new request to get confirmation myself. Would definitely be nice to get the more vivid view - just for dashcam footage... but maybe will solve the false FCW I get 2-3 times a week when cars are well out of my way and 50 feet down the road to my right when they fire. Forgetting self driving - if they can stop that irritating issue would be great - even if I need to pay for the camera.
Mobile Service was able to replace my triple camera with the correct part number yesterday. Took about 2 weeks for the camera to come in. I'll see if FSD beta is finally pushed to my 2016 Dec Model S 90D,

I have the same on my invoice - they installed 1089531-00-C for the triple front camera. When looking at the video output - there is an obvious difference in the color output. The front camera is much less vivid as compared to ALL the other cameras now. My camera install was 12/22/21... and just got another update today to a non BETA version. Sitting between 98 and 100 score - for months on a 2017 P100D MODEL X. I am opening a new request to get confirmation myself. Would definitely be nice to get the more vivid view - just for dashcam footage... but maybe will solve the false FCW I get 2-3 times a week when cars are well out of my way and 50 feet down the road to my right when they fire. Forgetting self driving - if they can stop that irritating issue would be great - even if I need to pay for the camera.
Sounds like you should probably contact service and tell them you got the wrong triple camera.

Reactions: ccie6747
The front camera is much less vivid as compared to ALL the other cameras now
Could you load this page Colour test screen on a device put at the front camera and compare the result to simulated RCCC and RCCB example? Or even better share what the TeslaCam recording shows for you?

Hopefully people can use it as a reference while a service technician is around to check if the wrong/right cameras are installed.

I received 2021.44.30.5 which is FSD Beta 10.8.1 and the 2nd beta update I've received since getting the camera upgrade. So I guess just be patient and when the camera upgrade comes along so will the betas. As a consolation, the 10.8.x betas are imo still pretty rough and far from where they need to be.

Here is an something I have not heard of. Sunday 1/9/22 I get an update for on my 5/17 MSP100D with the FSD computer upgrade but no camera upgrade yet. After the update I noticed on my app the safety score is no longer there. I go to my car and I have FSD Beta 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5). I turn everything on and go for a drive and its totally working. I was not able to drive my car again until Thursday 1/13 and noticed the FSD was no longer working even though it showed me having it on the software screen and the auto pilot screen still showed the options. I re-booted the car booth soft and hard but nothing. Then last night I get update v11 (2021.44.30.7) thinking that its going to fix my issue. Nope, FSD Beta is gone and try safety score showed back up on my app. Then to add insult to injury my score went down from a 99 to a 98 because on Thursday I no longer had the safety score on my app I did not drive as well. Well that's not the case, they were still keeping track even though the safety score option wasn't on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 228
Here is an something I have not heard of. Sunday 1/9/22 I get an update for on my 5/17 MSP100D with the FSD computer upgrade but no camera upgrade yet. After the update I noticed on my app the safety score is no longer there. I go to my car and I have FSD Beta 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5). I turn everything on and go for a drive and its totally working. I was not able to drive my car again until Thursday 1/13 and noticed the FSD was no longer working even though it showed me having it on the software screen and the auto pilot screen still showed the options. I re-booted the car booth soft and hard but nothing. Then last night I get update v11 (2021.44.30.7) thinking that its going to fix my issue. Nope, FSD Beta is gone and try safety score showed back up on my app. Then to add insult to injury my score went down from a 99 to a 98 because on Thursday I no longer had the safety score on my app I did not drive as well. Well that's not the case, they were still keeping track even though the safety score option wasn't on my phone.
A number of ppl have reported this. Perhaps this is why it appears no one who actually has the RCCB cameras isn’t getting FSD beta 10.8.1. It appears they botched the roll out of FSD Beta 10.8.1 to RCCB/RCCC cars.

Sounds like you should probably contact service and tell them you got the wrong triple camera.
I did open a new service request the day of my initial post, asking if 1089531-00-C was the correct triple camera to replace with. Response I received today is that it was not, and they pushed out the service appointment by another 10 days to allow delivery of the new correct part (which I am assuming will be the B version others received initially with camera replacement appointments)

Regarding vehicles with C camera that received BETA or BETA updates - has it worked since 10.8.1? I heard recently vehicles got 10.8 version without any retrofit - that subsequently BETA removed?

I am only a few weeks from initial camera replacement so 10.9 as I understand would be the first rollout my vehicle might get picked up in, and guessing I will miss that window... maybe by 10.11 I will see something ;>

I literally asked the exact same thing thing morning in terms of waiting to do the frunk latch. The service writer said I am eligible but he did not see that my car has been selected to receive the camera invite yet. Not sure what algorithm they are using to determine when a car gets it. This is on a 5/17 MS P100D with the FSD computer upgrade.

How would I be able to see what part numbers I have for all cameras once the retrofit has been completed? Not by invoice but from specs shown on the UI.

I swear I saw it somewhere on a post but can’t find it. The left side pillar looks new and clean but my drivers side is as dirty as my car and there are water spots on the top edge.

Thanks!

How would I be able to see what part numbers I have for all cameras once the retrofit has been completed? Not by invoice but from specs shown on the UI.

I swear I saw it somewhere on a post but can’t find it. The left side pillar looks new and clean but my drivers side is as dirty as my car and there are water spots on the top edge.

Thanks!

You can only check via vitals which requires an Ethernet diagnostic cable and a $333/mo Toolbox subscription.

• Informative
Reactions: HELLAWATTS