Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but it would be a pain if I had to burn a couple months years of $99/mo while waiting on the camera upgrade too.​
Fixed it for you... 😪

IMHO, this is going to take a long time. It took me quite a while between announcement and implementation for the "free" AP3 computer - and Tesla actually knew how to do that. In the majority of cases reported here, they don't have a clue. I expect to wait for a very long time, like most.

Reactions: outdoors
Has anyone been able to validate whether there is any sot of setting or camera check that "allow lists" the car for beta access? I've already DIY'ed the triple cam and fender cameras with the latest rev. Didn't do the B-pillar cameras since I originally did the upgrade for better dashcam and sentry color rendition.

The car reports RCCB cameras in vehicle vitals once they are installed and working properly. No further validation past that point. All service does is change the cameras and reinstall firmware, the car uploads its configuration changes automatically upon successful software reinstall.

Any tips getting the service centers to be more receptive to me providing them the proper list of parts to order/upgrade? I'm scheduled for next Friday (3rd appt reschedule since getting my upgrade invite on 12/09) but my part list is wildly different.

I've tried to bring up my concerns with them before but they don't seem to have listened.

I'm ready to throw in the towel, have them install whatever they got me, having them confirm RCCB (or lack of). through vitals, and then fixing it after an "I told you so" moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-183809.png
    Screenshot_20220209-183809.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 99
Not sure if this was discussed before. I got my cameras replaced two days ago (mobile service, took less than 2 hours) and autopilot is now hugging the right lane very uncomfortably. I believe the right wheels are rolling on the lane marking.

I am hoping that "Camera Recalibration" will fix it. Has anyone else gotten the same issue post replacement and tried Camera Recalibration?

Spoke to my local service advisor the other day and brought up my concerns regarding the part number discrepancies on my estimate. He acknowledged that the Camera Upgrade bulletin calls for specific part numbers. However, he said the triple cam (part # ends in "B") and repeater cams listed on the bulletin were renumbered or consolidated as the part numbers listed in the estimate (triple cam "C" part). Skeptical of the explanation, I raised the issue of the triple cam's base part numbers between the "B" and "C" parts being completely different (i.e the "C" part isn't a later revision of the "B" part) and he reiterated his explanation, saying that the part listed in my estimate supersedes the one in the bulletin. He also said that the physical part would probably still have the "old" part number sticker on it despite the "new" number appearing on the estimate.

I've got mixed feelings about this. There's at least one person here that has the "C" cameras that is a current FSD beta tester, so maybe there's merit to my advisor's explanation. But I might try to call an alternate service center to see if what their advisors say lines up with what I was told.

My SC was willing to listen on the part numbers so did order the right ones. It took a little cajoling and some screenshots, but I think they realized they had the wrong ones. As a 2017-era customer, I think a note must be in my account “just do what this crazy guy wants or he won’t ever leave us alone.” :)

Cameras got installed last night (overnight shift) and so I should be picking up the car sometime today. It’s still on the same 44.5 software - I wish they would upgrade the software too rather than getting in the queue for whenever the next update is, but alas. I lost my 100 score when an idiot cut in front of me on the freeway on the way to SC (of course!), but I’m hoping with a 99 I’ll get it in the next few weeks.

For the posters above asking about subscribing to get the camera upgrade, although it’s never been fully clarified by Tesla I think the answer is definitely YES you must subscribe (and stay subscribed, no opting out) to get in the queue and be notified. I opted in and out several times when it seemed hopeless, but then stuck with it for over a month and got the notice.

Quick update on the issue with autopilot hugging the right side of the lane after cameras update.

Today I cleared cameras calibration and it recalibrated after driving on the highway for about 10 minutes. Autopilot is back to centering in the middle of the lane.

If you see issues with the car placement on autopilot after cameras upgrade, go to Service (on the car screen) and do Camera Recalibrations.

So what’s the consensus on delay for getting the software after the camera upgrade? Does it happen “off cycle” or will it only come when the next version upgrade happens for all FSD beta testers?
It’s happened once so far with 10.8 & never again. No one knows when it will happen again. It’s been about 6 weeks since the rollout of 10.8 to updated RCCB cars.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
The most frustrating part for me is being an FSD subscriber.
I've been paying the $99 / month since September 24th.
I've paid $500 into it total now (about to be $600 here in 10 days) and am about to hit 6 months since hitting that damn button and still no sign of beta. I am on the current 2022.4.5 with the nav map update too though which is nice. I've been getting the regular software updates within about 2-3 days of them being discovered.
It just looks like us legacy cars have been left out since that new years roll out.
Maybe version 11 coming soon will let us in??

At this point I don't want to give up and unsubscribe, but it feels like I've wasted so much damn money at this point....

The most frustrating part for me is being an FSD subscriber.
I've been paying the $99 / month since September 24th.
I've paid $500 into it total now (about to be $600 here in 10 days) and am about to hit 6 months since hitting that damn button and still no sign of beta. I am on the current 2022.4.5 with the nav map update too though which is nice. I've been getting the regular software updates within about 2-3 days of them being discovered.
It just looks like us legacy cars have been left out since that new years roll out.
Maybe version 11 coming soon will let us in??

At this point I don't want to give up and unsubscribe, but it feels like I've wasted so much damn money at this point....

If it makes you feel any better, some have paid 10 grand into the program with nothing to show for it 🤣

But in all seriousness yeah the current situation sucks. The complete halt of FSD with no communication is confusing at best and frustratingly expensive at worst.