Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am extremely happy to report that I got the Invitation for Camera Upgrade on Nov 9th and had the Service done at the Loveland CO Service Center Nov 12th. After a snafu with the Parts being delivered in time for my appt, Stephanie, Autumn & Toby (Service Advisors) were excellent in turning Lemon into Lemonade.

I asked to have them Push the FSD BETA 10.4 to me at the Service Center but was informed that they cannot Push that particular Software Update..

Now just waiting for the Early Adoptor Program at Tesla to Push BETA 10.4 to my Model X.

I am very pleased to say that Elon and Tesla "heard" our outcries of frustration and responded to us in a relatively short time, by FINALLY making good on the HW2 Camera Upgrade.

Dec 2016 MX , EAP/FSD, MCU1 to MCU2 and HW2 to AP3 SAFETY SCORE for both measuring Periods 99.

Hope you all get your Upgrades SOON.

I am extremely happy to report that I got the Invitation for Camera Upgrade on Nov 9th and had the Service done at the Loveland CO Service Center Nov 12th. After a snafu with the Parts being delivered in time for my appt, Stephanie, Autumn & Toby (Service Advisors) were excellent in turning Lemon into Lemonade.

I asked to have them Push the FSD BETA 10.4 to me at the Service Center but was informed that they cannot Push that particular Software Update..

Now just waiting for the Early Adoptor Program at Tesla to Push BETA 10.4 to my Model X.

I am very pleased to say that Elon and Tesla "heard" our outcries of frustration and responded to us in a relatively short time, by FINALLY making good on the HW2 Camera Upgrade.

Dec 2016 MX , EAP/FSD, MCU1 to MCU2 and HW2 to AP3 SAFETY SCORE for both measuring Periods 99.

Hope you all get your Upgrades SOON.
Awesome! Can we see a (anonymized) copy of your final invoice?

Awesome! Can we see a (anonymized) copy of your final invoice?
Here it is ,however in another Thread "FSD Earliest Adopters Find themselves..." there is a discussion of what is the appropriate Part# for the In-Line Triple Camera. Not sure I got the appropriate one.

Attachments

• Tesla AutoPilot Camera Upgrade Nov 12 2021.jpg
    Tesla AutoPilot Camera Upgrade Nov 12 2021.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 134
Same as @hybridbear, MS, Nov 2016 build, MCU2, HW3, first Safety Score of 99, opted back in with Safety Score of 100... no invite and local Henrietta NY service center says they have no parts. @Saxman, are your repeater and forward facing cameras now full color (dashcam, sentry mode) and what firmware version are you on?

Last edited:
Same as @hybridbear, MS, Nov 2016 build, MCU2, HW3, first Safety Score of 99, opted back in with Safety Score of 100... no invite and local Henrietta NY service center says they have no parts. @Saxman, are your repeater and forward facing cameras now full color (dashcam, sentry mode) and what firmware version are you on?
Not sure what is meant by REPEATER cameras. However, Side view rear cameras are full color and Dashcams full color, if that helps.

Software 2021.36.5.6
That SW Update was to have the VISION Autopark, which only used painted lines, not vehicles on either side of parking space. However, my Autopark was not updated in that release. I wonder why?????

Per Tesla's support page on camera replacements Link:
"Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors and then to those containing NVIDIA® Tegra® processors"

"Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors and then to those containing NVIDIA® Tegra® processors"
You are correct, I do now remember reading that. Come to think of it, on Nov 9, when I got my Invitation I had a SS of 100 with over 400 miles. Only on Nov 13, driving 158 miles back from the Service Center to home, did I get dinged to 99, from other cars passing me to close on I-25. I hate that!!

What month in 2017 was your car built?
You don’t need new cams
You are correct, I do now remember reading that. Come to think of it, on Nov 9, when I got my Invitation I had a SS of 100 with over 400 miles. Only on Nov 13, driving 158 miles back from the Service Center to home, did I get dinged to 99, from other cars passing me to close on I-25. I hate that!!
Which are the atom processors, is that MCU2? I had upgraded from MCU1 -> MCU2. Would I then have Intel?

Hey everyone,

I've created a spreadsheet based on @jebinc 's tracker from some time ago to help monitor the camera upgrade rollout status.

This should help us see if the invites are on-going or in waves as I haven't seen any invites sent out after 11/9 at this time.

If you could input your information and status that would be very helpful to us all, thanks for your time!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Hey everyone,

I've created a spreadsheet based on @jebinc 's tracker from some time ago to help monitor the camera upgrade rollout status.

This should help us see if the invites are on-going or in waves as I haven't seen any invites sent out after 11/9 at this time.

If you could input your information and status that would be very helpful to us all, thanks for your time!
@Lowchrg, I think it would be a good idea to add a column in your spreadsheet with MCU version as per the Tesla post they are prioritizing MCU2 over MCU1. What do you think?

MC
@Lowchrg, I think it would be a good idea to add a column in your spreadsheet with MCU version as per the Tesla post they are prioritizing MCU2 over MCU1. What do you think?
Those with MCU1 don’t have the button, so can’t opt in and don’t have a safety score.

However what about cars that were purchased used that came with FSD… what would be the FSD purchase date?
I bought mine used from Tesla and came with FSD.
Would I use my car purchased date in the FSD purchase date column?

MC

Those with MCU1 don’t have the button, so can’t opt in and don’t have a safety score.

However what about cars that were purchased used that came with FSD… what would be the FSD purchase date?
I bought mine used from Tesla and came with FSD.
Would I use my car purchased date in the FSD purchase date column?
Agree that we're currently not aware of any MCU1/HW3 owners who are in the FSD Beta or have the opt-in button available but Tesla was explicit with their camera upgrade post that MCU1 owners will be getting the camera upgrade. An interesting development given many people conjecture that in the end MCU2 will be required for FSD. I think it would be valuable to know if any MCU1 owners get invited for a camera update even without being able to opt-in first for the FSD Beta... the mystery continues!

Reactions: KArnold
Agree that we're currently not aware of any MCU1/HW3 owners who are in the FSD Beta or have the opt-in button available but Tesla was explicit with their camera upgrade post that MCU1 owners will be getting the camera upgrade. An interesting development given many people conjecture that in the end MCU2 will be required for FSD. I think it would be valuable to know if any MCU1 owners get invited for a camera update even without being able to opt-in first for the FSD Beta... the mystery continues!

I’ll add a column for MCU version to the spreadsheet when I’m at my PC. For the time being if anyone sees this post please put your MCU number in the notes and I will transfer it.

Hey everyone,

Good idea. Do you know the link to calculate the unrounded Safety Score? I remember seeing it once, but I don't find it now...