Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
December 2016 Model X owner in South Florida. Got my invite to upgrade on Monday, service center appointment scheduled for 11/18.

My Safety Score was 97 until I opted out last week- I didn't see any point to driving slower than a grandma being that I didn't think I was going to get a camera upgrade anytime soon. I'm still opted out.

I'm surprised that they won't be installing an internal-facing camera. Unless I missed that detail somewhere.

Okay now this camera upgrade selection is starting to make no sense.
When 98 started getting upgrades in California I though it may have been due to a geographical location.
But now you have 97 and you opted out and you live in Florida and you got the invite for the upgrade.
I have been at 100, never opted out, i'm also in Florida but so far no message for an upgrade...
11/16 MS here

Okay now this camera upgrade selection is starting to make no sense.
When 98 started getting upgrades in California I though it may have been due to a geographical location.
But now you have 97 and you opted out and you live in Florida and you got the invite for the upgrade.
I have been at 100, never opted out, i'm also in Florida but so far no message for an upgrade...
11/16 MS here
Yeah that doesn't make any sense.

From my invoice all the cameras except for the rear are getting replaced. I’m excited to not drive lol😂View attachment 731070

Interesting those seem to be 2.5 late 2017 parts.
Not just that, according to the invoice, the left side repeater camera is the newest revision, but the right side repeater camera is two revisions behind the left... 😒

Seems the Service Centers have a green light to install what they have in hand, as long as the cameras have an RCCB filter in them.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
Scheduled my upgrade through the app after they got the old service ticket closed. Appointment scheduled for Mobile Service. Then got a call from the service center that Mobile Service cannot do the upgrade, because of the calibration required for the front camera. Despite the fact that the Tesla website says unequivocally that Mobile service can do the camera upgrade. Got pushed from November 15th to November 24th.

Darren

Not just that, according to the invoice, the left side repeater camera is the newest revision, but the right side repeater camera is two revisions behind the left... 😒

Seems the Service Centers have a green light to install what they have in hand, as long as the cameras have an RCCB filter in them.
It looks like the part number on my invoice for the triple is the same old camera I have but I have found at times part numbers get messed up when they create invoices. I will make sure I have a verbal discussion when I take the car in.

Reactions: Art VandeIay