Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure unsafe following doesn’t happen on AP? When I drive without AP engaged I very rarely trigger it and it seems to happen consistently if there’s some light traffic on the freeway and I’m using AP even with car set to 7 car lengths.
Yes, you can read Tesla's description of what is tracked. Likely what is happening is that when you drive mostly on AP you drive a very short period of time without AP at >50 MPH & thus the denominator is very small. With a small denominator even just a few seconds of close following when entering or exiting the freeway will cause a high % of unsafe following.

Got my camera update a couple of days ago, Rancho Cucamonga, CA service center. Safety score reset after upgrade, but still no FDS Beta :confused:
2016 MS HW3 MCU2

If you can, please enter your details in the spreadsheet. See below...

Hey everyone,

I've created a spreadsheet based on @jebinc 's tracker from some time ago to help monitor the camera upgrade rollout status.

This should help us see if the invites are on-going or in waves as I haven't seen any invites sent out after 11/9 at this time.

If you could input your information and status that would be very helpful to us all, thanks for your time!

Got my camera update a couple of days ago, Rancho Cucamonga, CA service center. Safety score reset after upgrade, but still no FDS Beta :confused:
2016 MS HW3 MCU2
I got my Camera Upgrade Dec 12 with WRONG Triple Camera, then again Dec 19 with CORRECTED Triple Camera. I've had a fluctuating 100/99 Safety Score since Sept 25.

To date, I have not received FSD BETA. To my knowledge, no one on this thread or similar threads, with a Camera Upgrade, has received FSB BETA.

However, later model year vehicles not needing Camera Upgrades, are receiving FSD BETA with 98 Safety Scores.

Are we doomed to stay in FSD BETA Purgatory for eternity or is there still some hope we will be admitted to the Club?

Any thoughts?

I got my Camera Upgrade Dec 12 with WRONG Triple Camera, then again Dec 19 with CORRECTED Triple Camera. I've had a fluctuating 100/99 Safety Score since Sept 25.

To date, I have not received FSD BETA. To my knowledge, no one on this thread or similar threads, with a Camera Upgrade, has received FSB BETA.

However, later model year vehicles not needing Camera Upgrades, are receiving FSD BETA with 98 Safety Scores.

Are we doomed to stay in FSD BETA Purgatory for eternity or is there still some hope we will be admitted to the Club?

Any thoughts?

Saxman, Did you wait for your email and/or mobile app notice before scheduling for your upgrade? O r did you just go ahead and schedule? I was thinking to try to schedule for something else (tire rotation, filter change or something) and ask to update cameras at the same time.

Saxman, Did you wait for your email and/or mobile app notice before scheduling for your upgrade? O r did you just go ahead and schedule? I was thinking to try to schedule for something else (tire rotation, filter change or something) and ask to update cameras at the same time.
@FSolenski
At first I tried scheduling camera upgrade as "other". That got cancel shortly thereafter. Then I bitched & moaned to SC Person afterwards and got INVITATION for Camera Upgrade on Nov 8th thru the App.

My sense is that you can't force the INVITATION until they are ready to schedule you. Complain to your local SC so your squeaky wheel gets 1st preference, like I did, Good luck

• Helpful
Reactions: F.Smolenski