Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I used the color test screen on my MX and the Front Camera view looks identical to the pics that Mardak posted. The Red is orangish and the other colors look like the original test pattern colors except they are muted compared to the original on my iPad. So whether I received the -C triple cameras as stated on my upgrade invoice or the -B I have no idea, but whatever I have they appear to be RCCB cameras.
As a followup, I had Tesla Mobile Service out today on an unrelated service call and I had him remove the triple camera covers and check the actual triple cam part number installed in my 12/2016 MX last November. And even though the invoice lists the"-C" camera being installed, the actual p/n installed is the "1120520-00-B" triple camera. This explains why the color test screen gave good color results and why I'm on my third FSD Beta software now. What a relief to give closure to this.

Reactions: hybridbear
As a followup, I had Tesla Mobile Service out today on an unrelated service call and I had him remove the triple camera covers and check the actual triple cam part number installed in my 12/2016 MX last November. And even though the invoice lists the"-C" camera being installed, the actual p/n installed is the "1120520-00-B" triple camera. This explains why the color test screen gave good color results and why I'm on my third FSD Beta software now. What a relief to give closure to this.
I just contacted service about no FSD yet for me. I was one of the first to have a camera update on my 2017, but still nothing.

I was able to schedule an appointment for the camera upgrade and scheduled for early Feb. The invoice doesn't have all the camera parts listed yet but the below.

LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH) (1034344-00-B)
BACKUP CAMERA (SEMCO)(1061269-00C)

But the invoice listed to replace both repeaters, B-Pillers and triple cam as well but parts are not listed. I'm not sure why the backup camera replacement. I'm assuming they will eventually put the other parts on the invoice soon.

Has anyone in this thread reset their safety score?
I'm currently at a 97.4 and I've checked the math - if I get perfect 100s the next 2 days on my commute I'll be back to a rounded 98.
My appointment is this Wednesday the 26th to get my corrected -B triple camera.

Should I opt out now and opt back in Wednesday after my camera appointment?
Or should I just try to hold out?
Or maybe I should wait til Wednesday and get the correct triple cam, and then opt out and opt back in?

Follow up - if I do opt out, what should I do before opting back in? Do you opt out, go for a drive, wait for SS to disappear from the app and then opt back in the next day?

Thanks for anyone who can help or give advice

Has anyone in this thread reset their safety score?
I'm currently at a 97.4 and I've checked the math - if I get perfect 100s the next 2 days on my commute I'll be back to a rounded 98.
My appointment is this Wednesday the 26th to get my corrected -B triple camera.

Should I opt out now and opt back in Wednesday after my camera appointment?
Or should I just try to hold out?
Or maybe I should wait til Wednesday and get the correct triple cam, and then opt out and opt back in?

Follow up - if I do opt out, what should I do before opting back in? Do you opt out, go for a drive, wait for SS to disappear from the app and then opt back in the next day?

Thanks for anyone who can help or give advice

97s were included in the last new beta additions, I would just hold out if you can. You never know when they will poll safety scores.

If you opt out and in your score is reset instantly, you’ll just need to go for a 0.1 mile drive for score to start registering again.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoofyGoober
97s were included in the last new beta additions, I would just hold out if you can. You never know when they will poll safety scores.

If you opt out and in your score is reset instantly, you’ll just need to go for a 0.1 mile drive for score to start registering again.
This is correct. Opt out. Wait a few hours for safety score to disappear. Opt back in and go for a short drive. Wait a few hours again for SS to show up. After camera upgrade make sure you have at least 100 miles. Try and keep above 98.

I just got out of service today in Toledo, OH. Checked the invoice on the way home, I got the -C triple cam assembly. Ran through several posts here and looked at the color test images, the footage as viewed from the in-car viewer looks pretty damn close to the "simulated blue-blind" example posted. Looks like I drove 4 hours round trip, sat in the center for 3 hours, and wasted essentially an entire day for absolutely nothing.

Messaged service on the way home asking if they were sure that the listed part number was correct, considering most others were getting the -B assembly. No response yet.

I suppose that's what I get for not verifying the service center will do their job the right way for them...

I even repeatedly tried to get a ranger to do the service but they kept rescheduling the appointment for the Toledo SC to handle it, so I figured it was because my ranger didn't have the part but that the SC would have it. Guess I was wrong.

Sorry for the saltiness, but I'm pretty steamed about all of this.

Reactions: outdoors
I just got out of service today in Toledo, OH. Checked the invoice on the way home, I got the -C triple cam assembly. Ran through several posts here and looked at the color test images, the footage as viewed from the in-car viewer looks pretty damn close to the "simulated blue-blind" example posted. Looks like I drove 4 hours round trip and wasted essentially an entire day for absolutely nothing.

Messaged service on the way home asking if they were sure that the listed part number was correct, considering most others were getting the -B assembly. No response yet.

I suppose that's what I get for not verifying the service center will do their job the right way for them...

I even repeatedly tried to get a ranger to do the service but they kept rescheduling the appointment for the Toledo SC to handle it, so I figured it was because my ranger didn't have the part but that the SC would have it. Guess I was wrong.

Sorry for the saltiness, but I'm pretty steamed about all of this.

You should easily be able to tell differences in your dashcam footage before and after on a sunny day.

Others have mentioned that -C was on their invoice but -B was in the car after service. Might be worth popping off the rear view mirror cowl to check which part number for sure. Doesn’t require camera removal.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Got my new invoice. The -C camera that I got on January 4th is getting replaced with the correct -B camera in the morning (Jan 26)
Woohoo!

Attachments

• 00BC42AC-9B34-45D8-BA25-E39D11BF4221.jpeg
    00BC42AC-9B34-45D8-BA25-E39D11BF4221.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 118
You should easily be able to tell differences in your dashcam footage before and after on a sunny day.

Others have mentioned that -C was on their invoice but -B was in the car after service. Might be worth popping off the rear view mirror cowl to check which part number for sure. Doesn’t require camera removal.
Thanks for the motivation to dig into it. Confirmed "part C" installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220126_155652.jpg
    IMG_20220126_155652.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 78