Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m booked for the camera upgrade on February 17. Excited! As usual, the forums have ruined that excitement. :)

My invoice shows, I think, two potential problems but just hoping I could get some opinions from the experts here:

1) Inline Triple Camera part is listed as 1089531-00-C. I’m pretty sure that’s the old camera and isn’t right. Correct?

2) Lamp Asy Side Repeater parts are 1034345 and 1034344-00-B. I’m pretty sure those are the “glare” repeater cameras, right?

I’ve already sent the SC a note but I’m not optimistic they’ll research it thoroughly because of how busy they are. Can anyone give me some confirmation if I’ve got a valid concern? Thanks!

I’m booked for the camera upgrade on February 17. Excited! As usual, the forums have ruined that excitement. :)

My invoice shows, I think, two potential problems but just hoping I could get some opinions from the experts here:

1) Inline Triple Camera part is listed as 1089531-00-C. I’m pretty sure that’s the old camera and isn’t right. Correct?

2) Lamp Asy Side Repeater parts are 1034345 and 1034344-00-B. I’m pretty sure those are the “glare” repeater cameras, right?

I’ve already sent the SC a note but I’m not optimistic they’ll research it thoroughly because of how busy they are. Can anyone give me some confirmation if I’ve got a valid concern? Thanks!
Yes, you def have a valid concern. All of the part numbers you listed above are from the AP2 camera suite.

I am going through the same frustrating process myself. My technician showed up for my mobile appointment with the wrong parts. After some back and forth and him making some phone calls, he finally agreed that he had the wrong parts. I am due to try again in a week. This time they want me to drop the car at the SC.

Given the way Tesla is managing this, I would strongly suggest you physically validate the actual part numbers before they start the retrofit.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
Thanks to both - Shateam and Topgun - for your quick replies. Appreciate the guidance from this great forum as always!

I’m also inclined to agree with Shateam that the in-app messaging won’t work, unless I happen to have been assigned to a long-term Service Advisor who knows what he or she is doing. 90% of my experience with the SCs has been awesome, but occasionally I get someone new who hates to hear any correction from the customer. :)

I’ll probably have to make a trip down there. Sigh. Thanks again!

Reactions: Shateam
I was able to schedule an appointment for the camera upgrade and scheduled for early Feb. The invoice doesn't have all the camera parts listed yet but the below.

LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH) (1034344-00-B)
BACKUP CAMERA (SEMCO)(1061269-00C)

But the invoice listed to replace both repeaters, B-Pillers and triple cam as well but parts are not listed. I'm not sure why the backup camera replacement. I'm assuming they will eventually put the other parts on the invoice soon.
Update: I just dropped my car at SC for camera upgrade. The rep said will be done today I'm hoping everything will go as planned.

INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-F)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)

Update: I just dropped my car at SC for camera upgrade. The rep said will be done today I'm hoping everything will go as planned.

INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-F)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)
@rajbsn

You should be good to go. Those are identical to my December 2016 MX upgrade on Dec 19th, and was fortunate enough to get FSD BETA on December 30th.

Good luck

Mobile Service was able to replace my triple camera with the correct part number yesterday. Took about 2 weeks for the camera to come in. I'll see if FSD beta is finally pushed to my 2016 Dec Model S 90D,
Change your forward collision warning back to medium. Early causes it to be extremely careful as you noticed. Or like me when trying to keep a 100 safety score I turned it off completely.

Change your forward collision warning back to medium. Early causes it to be extremely careful as you noticed. Or like me when trying to keep a 100 safety score I turned it off completely.
the safety score will register FCW at the Medium setting reguardless of what you have it set to. so even with it if off, if it would have been triggered on medium you'll still get dinged for it (tho you wont actually see the warning while driving if you have it off or set to late)

As is commented by @OncomingStorm, the FCW for the Safety Score has nothing to do with your setting. We like to keep ours on early to have the earliest warning possible. We had an instance where we heard an FCW in the car, but we reacted in time & did not get penalized in the Safety Score. Also, using TACC or AP on hilly roads where erroneous FCWs are triggered by the hills has saved us too for our Safety Score.
the safety score will register FCW at the Medium setting reguardless of what you have it set to. so even with it if off, if it would have been triggered on medium you'll still get dinged for it (tho you wont actually see the warning while driving if you have it off or set to late)
Exactly!

I apologize if this has already been answered in the many pages of this thread, but do you have to own/subscribe to FSB before Tesla will do the camera upgrade? I had my 2017 S upgraded to MCU2 + FSD computer a few months ago, but don't actually own the FSD feature. I'd like to sign up for the $99/mo FSD subscription in hopes of getting onto the beta, but it would be a pain if I had to burn a couple months of $99/mo while waiting on the camera upgrade too.

I apologize if this has already been answered in the many pages of this thread, but do you have to own/subscribe to FSB before Tesla will do the camera upgrade? I had my 2017 S upgraded to MCU2 + FSD computer a few months ago, but don't actually own the FSD feature. I'd like to sign up for the $99/mo FSD subscription in hopes of getting onto the beta, but it would be a pain if I had to burn a couple months of $99/mo while waiting on the camera upgrade too.
Hey Jimmy,
I am an FSD subscriber. I believe you do need to pay or sub for FSD before you can get the camera invite because the camera upgrade is only required for FSD. And they're not just upgrading everyone's cameras for free.

I subscribed September 24th, 2021. I got my camera invite December 9th. I got my cameras on Jan 4th but they installed the wrong triple cam. I got the correct triple cam Jan 26th. I just reset my safety score on Feb 6th the other day. I currently have 100 score again and 140 miles.

So I've actually burned $500 by being subbed to FSD since September and I still don't have beta since I didn't get the correct cameras until Jan 26th.

I am praying that I get Beta very soon.

Hey Jimmy,
I am an FSD subscriber. I believe you do need to pay or sub for FSD before you can get the camera invite because the camera upgrade is only required for FSD. And they're not just upgrading everyone's cameras for free.

I subscribed September 24th, 2021. I got my camera invite December 9th. I got my cameras on Jan 4th but they installed the wrong triple cam. I got the correct triple cam Jan 26th. I just reset my safety score on Feb 6th the other day. I currently have 100 score again and 140 miles.

So I've actually burned $500 by being subbed to FSD since September and I still don't have beta since I didn't get the correct cameras until Jan 26th.

I am praying that I get Beta very soon.
Did they upgrade your cameras for free as a fsd subscriber and not having purchased it in full?

I think you would be better off buying and replacing the cameras yourself and then subbing to FSD. Once we confirm DIY upgrades are getting the beta this would probably be the best option.

You’d likely pay for many many months before even being considered for an invite.

I think you would be better off buying and replacing the cameras yourself and then subbing to FSD. Once we confirm DIY upgrades are getting the beta this would probably be the best option.

You’d likely pay for many many months before even being considered for an invite.
Has anyone been able to validate whether there is any sot of setting or camera check that "allow lists" the car for beta access? I've already DIY'ed the triple cam and fender cameras with the latest rev. Didn't do the B-pillar cameras since I originally did the upgrade for better dashcam and sentry color rendition.