Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jackman
I drove a little this morning on 10.10.2 mainly to see if my Autopark was working. Nothing new has happened from this Update. When cruising a parking lot with white Parking Lines, I still see other vehicles that are occupying spaces and I also see unoccupied Parking Spaces that are AVAILABLE. However, I STILL do not see the Parking Icon that enables me to initiate the AutoPark.
How fast are you going ?

You need to go very slow (2 mph) and a little away from the parking spaces, 5 to 10 ft.

Reactions: Saxman
Sure I don't have a reason to doubt that logic since we both have 12/2016 MX90D's. Maybe it's my Red color... it's special... haha. However, over the years, Autopark both Perpendicular and Parallel, have been intermittent at various times. I'm just pleasantly lucky it's now working OK.
@Jackman

Thanks for your input.
I could try painting my MX Red to see if that works. Its a better solution than Tesla SvC has recommended.

Incidentally, before FSD Beta, when our AutoPark used radar instead of Tesla Vision, I never had problems with Autopark.

Go figure!!

Reactions: Jackman
Howdy all! Happy to announce I finally received the promised camera upgrade on my 2017 Model X a week ago on Valentines day from the Renton Washington service center. I've since been patiently waiting for FSD beta software, I've been driving around with 99+ safety score for months. Anyone have a good idea at this point as to when I should expect to get FSD beta software deployed? I'm hoping it's not as ambiguous as many things are... from my reading it looks like geography may play a role.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
Howdy all! Happy to announce I finally received the promised camera upgrade on my 2017 Model X a week ago on Valentines day from the Renton Washington service center. I've since been patiently waiting for FSD beta software, I've been driving around with 99+ safety score for months. Anyone have a good idea at this point as to when I should expect to get FSD beta software deployed? I'm hoping it's not as ambiguous as many things are... from my reading it looks like geography may play a role.
@Officient

Congrats and welcome to the Club. Hope you get your FSD BETA soon.

Would you please verify for me if your AutoPark is functioning for you (mine is NOT).

Is your Autopark using Radar or Tesla Vision)?

Thanks for your help.

No one has any idea. Beta stopped rolling out to new cars on 12/30/21. V11 is supposedly coming soon and may possibly add new vehicles but the days of getting beta a week after getting 99 are over. It’s been almost 2 months since I got my camera upgrade and no beta yet.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Current guess is that since we’re on a 2022 FW branch, we won’t get it til the 2022 FSD Beta is released. With V11? With V45? No one knows.

I’m somewhat optimistic that V11 comes in the next two weeks, so keep that score up. I’m currently nursing a 100 score and hoping for the best!

FWIW @Saxman my auto park (vision) is working. I tested it by parking in between lines (not cars) yesterday. and I did it in two different parking lots several hours apart.

I forgot to add to my earlier post what camera hardware was replaced, see the screenshot attached. I thought it was interesting they replaced all 5 cameras. Most folks are getting 1 or 3 replaced from what I've seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-221705_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221-221705_Office.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: fcastrillo86
I forgot to add to my earlier post what camera hardware was replaced, see the screenshot attached. I thought it was interesting they replaced all 5 cameras. Most folks are getting 1 or 3 replaced from what I've seen.
Who is only getting 1 or 3 cameras replaced? All except the rear camera were RCCC & need to be changed to RCCB.

Who is only getting 1 or 3 cameras replaced? All except the rear camera were RCCC & need to be changed to RCCB.

A lot of owners participating in safety score likely previously changed their repeaters for the better colors because they were easy to source and install. Everyone else needs the full 5. They probably saw invoices of people who had the repeaters already.

In other news as I try to patiently wait for my FSD lol,
I called both Hyundai dealerships here in Colorado Springs because my wife wants an Ioniq 5. Well one dealer here is marking them up $9,000 and the other has a $10,000 mark up. ALSO, theres an extra non optional $2,200 charges of dealer add-ons which include:
Dealer handling of $700, tint for $200, a clear mask for $600, Pulse for $600 whatever that is, and wheel locks for $100

So literally $11-12,000 above MSRP for an Ioniq 5 here in Colorado Springs. SMH. Will not support that absolute scam.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
I'm still waiting to get my cameras upgraded. I got the camera invite back in early December and made an appointment. That appointment has been rescheduled over and over again because they don't have the parts. Last time it was rescheduled they told me they were only missing one. Current appointment is March 15. 🤞

Then I can start waiting all over again to get FSD Beta.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I'm still waiting to get my cameras upgraded. I got the camera invite back in early December and made an appointment. That appointment has been rescheduled over and over again because they don't have the parts. Last time it was rescheduled they told me they were only missing one. Current appointment is March 15. 🤞

Then I can start waiting all over again to get FSD Beta.
I would assume you are going to the Rocklin SC. They are getting parts in a few days. Something does not seem right.