TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Update on Hawaii upgrade from 40 kwh to 60 kwh

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Jun 26, 2017.

1. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I just found out that the upgrade from 40 to 60 is no longer available.

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Why would Tesla not want basically free money? (Unless what they really want is for you to trade-in your 40 so that the can sell it as a 60.)

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yeah, this has been a subject of intense discussion for the last month or so on TM. How did you find out?
    Sorry to hear this for you. But you've never been interesting in the upgrade anyway, right?

I think MP3Mike might be on to to something with his comment that Unless what they really want is for you to trade-in your 40. You know, there's not many 40's left out in the wild.

4. RodF

RodF Member

Holding on to mine!

• Like x 2
  5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Good idea. Its going to be worth its weight in gold in another 5-6 hundred years. :D

6. RodF

RodF Member

Nah, not for resale. It's all the range I need for my daily driving.

7. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I was interested only if the price was right, with all the information about Tesla dropping the price for the upgrade from the 60 to 75 kwh battery. I figured that they would offer a lower price for this upgrade.

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I think not. I think they incentivized your situation encouraging you to trade-in towards a newer car. Watching TM, I saw other 40 owners buy the 60/75 at that time it was available. I believe one of the reasons they offered the 60/75 was to motivate you 40 owners to move to a newer car and they offer the 60 has a half step to a 75 and a full step to a newer car. Here you go again, spoiling their grand plans. ;)