Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on Hawaii upgrade from 40 kwh to 60 kwh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out that the upgrade from 40 to 60 is no longer available.

Yeah, this has been a subject of intense discussion for the last month or so on TM. How did you find out?
Sorry to hear this for you. But you've never been interesting in the upgrade anyway, right?

I think MP3Mike might be on to to something with his comment that Unless what they really want is for you to trade-in your 40. You know, there's not many 40's left out in the wild.

I was interested only if the price was right, with all the information about Tesla dropping the price for the upgrade from the 60 to 75 kwh battery. I figured that they would offer a lower price for this upgrade.
I think not. I think they incentivized your situation encouraging you to trade-in towards a newer car. Watching TM, I saw other 40 owners buy the 60/75 at that time it was available. I believe one of the reasons they offered the 60/75 was to motivate you 40 owners to move to a newer car and they offer the 60 has a half step to a 75 and a full step to a newer car. Here you go again, spoiling their grand plans. ;)