Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on my Plaid delivered 4/27

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery was a bit weird since it wasn't really "contactless" which is fine for me. I traded in my 21 Model Y and had to do a bunch of signing of papers/giving up my first born (she's a toddler going on 15 so im fine with that today) and then they said I can look it over. Here are the small good / minor issues I have found not in any normal order. Just my thoughts as my kid yells for more water.

1. Slight scratch on the passenger side door (buffed out just fine pretty sure it may have just been dirt)
  2. SLIGHT vibration upon acceleration for maybe 1-2 seconds which im totally fine with. Nothing like what I feared, and if it gets worse I can call service
  3. Homelink being installed by default is great
  4. Daughter likes to "help me" close my driver side door but it bonked her in the head but I love that they open and close by themselves
  5. Slight wind noise / whistle from the passenger side front door (by the B pillar I assume (to be fair, that is the only pillar I know but im sure there are a lot more letters) and I have service coming out Wednesday
  6. Getting it fully PPF wrapped tomorrow which im pumped for.
  7. Getting the kids in and out of the car is great, first in my garage JUST fine as long as I pull in the full way
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the car, best car I've had and my 1989 Accord was pretty cool with the headlight that wouldn't go back down.
  9. Really wish there was a way to put something on the screen in the back without having to go back there but im sure there might be with an update.
  10. Love the yoke, I have been a flight sim player for a while so its nothing new to me.

Reactions: jboy210
Delivery was a bit weird since it wasn't really "contactless" which is fine for me. I traded in my 21 Model Y and had to do a bunch of signing of papers/giving up my first born (she's a toddler going on 15 so im fine with that today) and then they said I can look it over. Here are the small good / minor issues I have found not in any normal order. Just my thoughts as my kid yells for more water.

1. Slight scratch on the passenger side door (buffed out just fine pretty sure it may have just been dirt)
  2. SLIGHT vibration upon acceleration for maybe 1-2 seconds which im totally fine with. Nothing like what I feared, and if it gets worse I can call service
  3. Homelink being installed by default is great
  4. Daughter likes to "help me" close my driver side door but it bonked her in the head but I love that they open and close by themselves
  5. Slight wind noise / whistle from the passenger side front door (by the B pillar I assume (to be fair, that is the only pillar I know but im sure there are a lot more letters) and I have service coming out Wednesday
  6. Getting it fully PPF wrapped tomorrow which im pumped for.
  7. Getting the kids in and out of the car is great, first in my garage JUST fine as long as I pull in the full way
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the car, best car I've had and my 1989 Accord was pretty cool with the headlight that wouldn't go back down.
  9. Really wish there was a way to put something on the screen in the back without having to go back there but im sure there might be with an update.
  10. Love the yoke, I have been a flight sim player for a while so its nothing new to me.
Congrats for your Model X Plaid and for the “very short 2 months” wait 😊

I was wondering if you could please share about how the trade-in for your Model Y was with Tesla in terms of trade-in value and logistics. I placed an order for Model Y Performance 3 weeks before decided on wanting Model X Plaid, so now I have 2 reservations. Thank you.