Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Push....Why am I still on .42?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was on .42 since I bought the car as a CPO in early November. I connect to a dedicated guest wifi in the garage, never got an update.

Wednesday night after parking in the garage, I rebooted the instrument panel then rebooted the big screen.

Thursday morning at work I get an update that .46.8 is available. Went to the car and scheduled the update, now I have Easy Entry. (No Chill mode on RWD cars).

Haven't noticed anything else between .42 and .46.8 but I have a pre-AP car.

Was on .42 since I bought the car as a CPO in early November. I connect to a dedicated guest wifi in the garage, never got an update.

Wednesday night after parking in the garage, I rebooted the instrument panel then rebooted the big screen.

Thursday morning at work I get an update that .46.8 is available. Went to the car and scheduled the update, now I have Easy Entry. (No Chill mode on RWD cars).

Haven't noticed anything else between .42 and .46.8 but I have a pre-AP car.
I haven't rebooted in a while but it doesn't hurt to try. I've been stuck on .42 over 8 weeks now. In the past, I've been on a version for a while and rebooting seemed to help even those others here said it makes no difference. This is the longest I've gone without an update over the past year.

I was at SC last week due to warning light stating to replace my 12 volt battery. By the way I never had to replace the battery in my other Model S I traded in. Still on .42 after the visit and driving to Snowshoe next week now that there's a Tesla charger on the mountain. So I like to get update prior to leaving.

Any reason why my car is still on the .42 while others are so far ahead? Is there any way of pushing these updates sooner?

IMG_3208.PNG

I haven't rebooted in a while but it doesn't hurt to try. I've been stuck on .42 over 8 weeks now. In the past, I've been on a version for a while and rebooting seemed to help even those others here said it makes no difference. This is the longest I've gone without an update over the past year.
Checking ev-fw.com you can see that the last real full release was 17.42 (and 17.42.1 for AP2.5, that mess). Since then, each release was either a test or something else came along (as was mentioned) based on the population that got it.

I’ve gotten 44 and 48 somehow but none of the in-between ‘point’ releases in the list, until today’s 17.50.2.

It looks like this may be the next candidate for a full release because it has a feature that has been publicized (battery manual preheat) and a new Easter Egg for Christmas. (Late because of issues with 17.50 and 17.50.1)

My personal opinion (worth nothing :D) is that a lot of people will have it overnight for Christmas Eve as it seems to be rolling out quickly after appearing early this morning at TeslaFi.

I think I may get the update notification tonight. My AP shows my car downloaded nearly 500 MB. Another one of the Teslas has downloaded over 300 MB this evening but it currently has a version 6 weeks newer than mine. The third had only downloaded 3 MB.

I guess it's probably only a coincidence but this could be the third time that I've received an update immediately after rebooting.

• Informative
Reactions: steele
How do you know that? I don't ask to be critical but would like to know what your information source is.

Look at the ev-fw history and install counts. The releases seem to go more or less fleet-wide every 8 weeks.

... and it appears that 17.50 will be doing the same. It’s been very predictable for the past 6 months or so.

I think I may get the update notification tonight. My AP shows my car downloaded nearly 500 MB. Another one of the Teslas has downloaded over 300 MB this evening but it currently has a version 6 weeks newer than mine. The third had only downloaded 3 MB.

I guess it's probably only a coincidence but this could be the third time that I've received an update immediately after rebooting.
Installing update now! :D