Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Update Pushes Model S 100D to 0-60 MPH in 3.6 Seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Tesla Model S 100D is faster than advertised, according to a test from drag racing site DragTimes.

A test of a new Tesla Model S 100D produced a 0-60 mph time of 3.6 seconds, nearly 15 percent quicker than the spec provided by Tesla. The online configurator for a Model S says the 335-mile range 100D can hit 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.

Tesla has been unlocking more power in its non-performance Model S and Model X vehicles. A recent update pushed the Model S 75D to 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds from 5.2 seconds, while the Model X clocked 4.9 seconds, an improvement over a previous time of 6 seconds.

DragTimes also tested the car in the recently added “Chill” mode, which tames acceleration for a smoother ride. The car hit 0-60 mph in 7.2 seconds.

Check out the DragTimes video below.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV3pIZRAwhQ” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made an appointment at my local Tesla service center for the 100D Performance Update.

I’m told they need the car here for it vs OTA in case anything goes wrong. Strange...

The Tesla Model S 100D is faster than advertised, according to a test from drag racing site DragTimes.

A test of a new Tesla Model S 100D produced a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, nearly 15 percent quicker than the spec provided by Tesla. The online configurator for a Model S says the 335-mile range 100D can hit 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2017/11/09/update-pushes-model-s-100d-to-0-60-mph-in-3-6-seconds/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Has anyone confirmed that this is actually an update, or just the factor of no one having tested a 100D since the new DU in June? Really curious, and as an owner of a Sept ‘17 production S90D with new DU, obviously wondering if there’s additional upside via an update.

@mattreidy, do you have any run logs or timed 0-60 runs before they apply the update? If not, can you do a 0-60 and 1/4 mile run and send the run logs to Krash? Otherwise it might be like some of the 75Ds, where the SC says it's been done, but the 0-60 times don't change. BTW, below is a link to a post with a table that shows all the 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs before and after uncorking, along with old and new DUs:

Upgraded performance Metrics Summary

Again, thanks @Krash for compiling all this data!

Is that right? I'm not sure I remember all the options over time, but I thought insane was standard with "P" and ludicrous was optional? Anyway, my P85D hit 60 in 3.54 according to my GTECH and I don't have ludicrous and insane was included. That's no 3.1 so maybe ludicrous is where that figure comes from. I just assumed it was down to me not being a professional, not having slicks, and not being on a pristine track.

@mattreidy, do you have any run logs or timed 0-60 runs before they apply the update? If not, can you do a 0-60 and 1/4 mile run and send the run logs to Krash? Otherwise it might be like some of the 75Ds, where the SC says it's been done, but the 0-60 times don't change. BTW, below is a link to a post with a table that shows all the 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs before and after uncorking, along with old and new DUs:

Upgraded performance Metrics Summary

Again, thanks @Krash for compiling all this data!

A 4.2s to 3.6s improvement would be major and would be very noticible. Assuming both are measured using the same method. I asked my SC about this and they said they will look into it to see if this applies for my 100D. I took delivery at the end of June in Canada.

the speed (red line) and the 60mph meets at 3.9s. I don't understand why they say 3.6s

tesla-model-s-100d-0-60-359.jpg

I agree, I have never ever understood with you deduct the 1ft rollout in the 0-60 times. The clock starts in the second it starts rolling.
That's why it's bullshit. Motor trend is even worse. They correct for temperature, air pressure and humidity. They are just made up numbers. The justification is it's because they use a 1ft roll out at a drag strip, but that doesn't matter when you have timing gear in the car that actually works. It's just a BS way of posting lower numbers than possible.

It's equivalent of an airline advertising Sydney - London flights in 15 hrs. (They take out refuelling time, landing and taking off again, any holding patterns, then reduce time to match optimal tail winds).