Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update reduced the standard charge on my P 85 from 242 to 212 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about you, but these numbers look good to me... You should be getting 234 on a 90% charge. That's equivalent to 240 on the original standard (93%) charge.

Oops, sorry forgot to add my thoughts on it. But yea, seems ok :)

It's too bad they don't give us the battery level somewhere in on the main display, but I can see why they don't because of the non-linear #'s. Hopefully they can fix that.

It's too bad they don't give us the battery level somewhere in on the main display, but I can see why they don't because of the non-linear #'s. Hopefully they can fix that.
It would be nice if somewhere in the owner accessible UI (i.e. not diagnostic screens that we can't reach) they listed the SOC. Didn't they learn from the Guess-O-Meter experiences of other manufacturers?

Oops, sorry forgot to add my thoughts on it. But yea, seems ok :)

I found a great layman's guide on How To Measure State of Charge at BatteryUniversity.com. It's a simple enough read and it gives a great background on why SOC is not as precise a measurement as you might think.