Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update removed Sirius/XM selection from infotainment screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue for me on our 2014 S. Our Model X has been OK: I am turning off automatic updates until this issue is resolved. Service people obviously have not been told how to fix it.

Separate, but in addition, I have been told that my memory chip does not need replacement - they wiped it on last visit - and I will lose connectivity on G3 in a few months, with no announced solution. Tesla needs to work on communications!

Same issue for me on our 2014 S. Our Model X has been OK: I am turning off automatic updates until this issue is resolved. Service people obviously have not been told how to fix it.

Separate, but in addition, I have been told that my memory chip does not need replacement - they wiped it on last visit - and I will lose connectivity on G3 in a few months, with no announced solution. Tesla needs to work on communications!
There's supposed to be an LTE modem upgrade available, see: Update to 3G Services

I finally had enough. Anyone notice that there is no way to send a complaint to Tesla? All web links end up trying to sell you something.
I used the app to request a service Appt. They responded with a mobile service call the very next day. The tech who arrived was well aware of the problem and apparently has been busy fixing it on many cars This week. The fix is to hard reset the car which means temporarily disconnecting the 12V battery. The two steering wheel push reset doesn’t fix it. After the car rebooted SiriusXM and the Theater apps were back. It’s a simple fix, but requires a Tesla tech to do it.
Thanks for the update. I will ask for and mobile service.

SiriusXM disappeared for me today, too. (Strangely, I haven't installed any new software updates recently; it's been a few weeks probably.)

I was able to get it back by doing the following:
1. Scroll wheel reset
2. Power Off
3. Scroll wheel reset (again)

It came back after step 3.
This did not work for me and I will probably try it again later. I am glad it worked for you.

If an operating system takes longer than 20ms beyond the time it takes to spin up the disk they are doing it wrong. Think about all the devices you use that take longer than 20ms to boot and yes they are all doing it wrong.

1. Scroll wheel reset
2. Power Off
3. Scroll wheel reset (again) didn't work for me. Is Power off using the menu or is their another Power Off?

Just noticed the 12 volt hard reset is needed. Wish the 12 volt wasn't buried on my 2013

I finally had enough. Anyone notice that there is no way to send a complaint to Tesla? All web links end up trying to sell you something.
I used the app to request a service Appt. They responded with a mobile service call the very next day. The tech who arrived was well aware of the problem and apparently has been busy fixing it on many cars This week. The fix is to hard reset the car which means temporarily disconnecting the 12V battery. The two steering wheel push reset doesn’t fix it. After the car rebooted SiriusXM and the Theater apps were back. It’s a simple fix, but requires a Tesla tech to do it.
The app has been the only way to contact them for a while. Before you do a hard reset please try @swt2c fix. It worked for me and I suspect it will work for everyone. If you don't do the steps as follows it won't work. So if you power off and reset it won't work. Must be in the same order. I'll add that when I did this I had some Bluetooth issues after which I had to forget and relearn. Much better that a total hard reset for sure.
Swt2c
"I was able to get it back by doing the following:
1. Scroll wheel reset
2. Power Off
3. Scroll wheel reset (again)"

I wasn't aware that updates were automated. How do you turn that off?

Same issue in new Plaid. Lost TuneIn and Theater. No idea how to get it back nor how to disconnect the 12v in this car. Familiar with the others. Also selecting power off lasts 3 minutes and automatically reboots.

2017 Model S P100D, Updated to 2020.48.37.6 yesterday and Sirius XM gone. Followed "swt2c" basic recommendations for do it yourself fix.

1. Removed thumb drive from USB port.
2. Scroll wheel reset.
3. Power off -> waited 2 minutes
4. Pressed Brake -> Power back on
4. Scroll wheel reset.
5. Noooooooooooo! Sirius XM still missing
6. Power off again -> waited 3 minutes
7. Pressed Brake -> Power back on
8. Yea! Sirius XM back (on promo channel only)
9. Did XM reset. Waited 5 minutes
10. Hooray! Sirius XM is back and functional.

Reactions: swt2c and FrenchB4
SiriusXM disappeared for me today, too. (Strangely, I haven't installed any new software updates recently; it's been a few weeks probably.)

I was able to get it back by doing the following:
1. Scroll wheel reset
2. Power Off
3. Scroll wheel reset (again)

It came back after step 3.
Finally got to try this. Worked for me.

Though I'm still having issues where in the evening the MCU is going into a deep sleep or something and the Tesla app can't connect. I have to unlock the door with the fob (don't have to open it) and that wakes it up.