Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update removed Sirius/XM selection from infotainment screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you swt2c. This process worked and my XM is back. Maybe someone should let tesla service know.
SiriusXM disappeared for me today, too. (Strangely, I haven't installed any new software updates recently; it's been a few weeks probably.)

I was able to get it back by doing the following:
1. Scroll wheel reset
2. Power Off
3. Scroll wheel reset (again)

It came back after step 3
Did not work for me. 2013 S.

Last edited:
3 weeks and no Sirius/XM. Tesla Mobile service came out today and 1. disconnected 12volt and main battery 2. Did a complete reset of the car 3. Downloaded and installed a new update 4. Confirmed that all the connectors to the tuner were connected. No luck. Next step is to bring car into a service center. Charge waived for mobile service since 90 minute visit with no fix.

Update applied in July. No XM radio. Reset, power off, reset... nothing... Waited for a new update... nothing.

Made an appointment with Delaware service center. Mobile service will visit on August 12th between 6:30am and Noon.

Waited two weeks for this appointment. Today, I get a message at 10:26, .... if. you don't see XM, you'll have to bring the car in... a database needs to be moved and rebuild. can't do with mobile.

Recommendation is to make a new appointment. Now no appointments available until 8/24.

Message thread deleted.
Appointment deleted.

Shown the door

Disappointed

Update applied in July. No XM radio. Reset, power off, reset... nothing... Waited for a new update... nothing.

Made an appointment with Delaware service center. Mobile service will visit on August 12th between 6:30am and Noon.

Waited two weeks for this appointment. Today, I get a message at 10:26, .... if. you don't see XM, you'll have to bring the car in... a database needs to be moved and rebuild. can't do with mobile.

Recommendation is to make a new appointment. Now no appointments available until 8/24.

Message thread deleted.
Appointment deleted.

Shown the door

Disappointed
Same 2013 P85 with multi-coat Red, but at least mobile tried for 90 minutes until they gave up. They are supposed to get me into the service center also and just waiting for them to confirm a date and time

Reactions: delanman
My XM is now back. A couple of days ago I deleted my WiFi connection to my home per the suggestion by davezforce. I didn't expect this to work and it didn't. I did the scroll wheel reset and still no luck. I did the power off included version of this and still no change. Drove the car a bunch yesterday and no XM. But this morning XM is magically restored.

I am going on a road trip in the next couple of days or I would turn back on the WiFi to see if it breaks again.

Do I think deleting the WiFi had anything to do with SXM coming back? Not really.

I wish this was open source software so I could fix it myself. There is certainly nothing in the infotainment system that needs to be secret.

None of the remedies mentioned worked for me. Tesla told me they were working on a firmware update but couldn't tell me when it would be delivered. I simply got in the car, went to the local service center without an appointment, they slotted me in, and now XM is back. Done.

in my latest Mosel S update my SiriusXM and ALL video entertainment apps are missing. Does anyone in Tesla software engineering ever test their releases before sending out? This is worse than amateur hour.
After two weeks when a Tesla "upgrade" eliminated and stole my SXM, miraculously today it reappeared. Tesla's attempt to extort $3000 to return SXM was an outrageous act. Thanks to all Tesla owners who fought this user Unfriendly attitude.

The Raleigh, NC service center says a software update is needed and it’s a known glitch. Taking the car in to the service center will not fix the problem.
Agreed.

I’ve worked with National support and local servoce center.

They state Sirius bug impacts only a “few” cars and they haven’t been able to figure out the problem/solution yet.

Mine is really odd…first drive sirius xm isn’t available but sometimes it shows up during a subsequent drive only to disappear the next day. Day after day rinse and repeat.

With software 2021.24.4, I'm now seeing different, but still broken, behavior. Now, SiriusXM will disappear and appear within a given drive. Also, I've seen it get stuck playing a SiriusXM station while the SiriusXM button disappeared.