Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Stalled on MX

Dr Doom

Jul 10, 2016
NYC
I had an update waiting on my MX after I downloaded it via wifi. I initiated the update via the tesla app. That was more than 24 hours ago, the app states it's still updating. The car is running fine but the update never finished. I tried hard resetting the car and still update is in progress. any clue how to fix it? Thanks!

Istillhatecats

Oct 12, 2019
Burleson, TX
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I’ve tried the soft reboot and the hard reboot and nothing seems to work. I emailed Tesla this morning but haven’t heard anything back. Any other suggestions?

rjdoc74

Feb 27, 2014
LA, CA
Same thing happened to me twice in the last few days. Update download it but doesn’t progress further. This morning I checked, the update is gone. Sounds like it’s a Tesla issue. Just be patient.

Dr Doom

Jul 10, 2016
NYC
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I’ve tried the soft reboot and the hard reboot and nothing seems to work. I emailed Tesla this morning but haven’t heard anything back. Any other suggestions?
Glad to see I am not the only problem. This is first time an update has failed. I think it’s a glitch on Tesla’s side of things.

Dr Doom

Jul 10, 2016
NYC
This is the scree I am seeing and won’t continue past update.

Attachments

• 44BA9DAE-1967-4BA5-BA51-8CA45ED55F04.jpeg
    44BA9DAE-1967-4BA5-BA51-8CA45ED55F04.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 25

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC